Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I can't thank you enough for this fix, you are wonderful 👍🏿😊
HP Recommended

Tried it with the Photosmart 2610. It didn't work for me.

It printed test pages for me but then the error came back. So I did it again. It then printed just one of the test pages. And then wouldn't do the "print cartridge test" again. Back to the same error message. Did power on/off without waiting the 60 seconds. Also tried to reset by waiting 60 seconds or more with the power shut off while the printer was on. Same error.

I also tried doing what the error message said. Removed the black ink cartridge. Cleaned the contacts. Also cleaned the printer contacts. Replaced it. Then also did that for the color cartridge. Then redid the "solution":

1. Press "*" and "#". Enter "123". Do "Special Reports", "Print Cartridges".

But after doing the solution a couple of times, it won't do it anymore but goes right to the error message. On another post, HP says that this error message comes up if you use refilled print cartridges. That means that HP doesn't allow you to use refilled cartridges! Ridiculous. They have programmed the printer to reject refilled printer cartridges! Greedy company.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.