Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Tutor
Message 1 of 13 (1,732 Views)

f2180 - Can't scan in Windows 7 , the rest works.

hi . 

I looked in the entire forum for this solution . the software is working. the driver passed. it prints . everything is ok with the printer

I have windows 7 64 bit and I just can't scan! maybe there is no support for this old printer at windows 7? or there is. 

everything is updated . I install the software 10 times . delete lvl 4 everything . just can't use the scan feature. it stuck when I try to scan.

Thanks . :)

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 13 (1,716 Views)

Re: f2180 - Can't scan in Windows 7 , the rest works.

You need to download the full featured software and drivers from the HP seb site here.  Now try.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4062&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3177...

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
I used to work for HP but I saw the light and retired.

Printer Hint #1 - Always buy a printer with a display panel for easy configuration.
Printer Hint #2 - Always buy a printer with separate black and separate color cartridges.
Printer Hint #3 - Always buy a wireless printer with an Ethernet port for backup.
Special Hint: There is a 97.2% (and increasing) chance the information you seek is in the User Guide/Manual or on your printers HP Support Page. Remember, Google is your friend.
Tutor
Message 3 of 13 (1,708 Views)

[ Edited ]

I already download the full feature.. can't scan. it stucks! also the scan button doesn't work

Tutor
Message 4 of 13 (1,684 Views)

also I tried the SCAN DOCTOR and he says that the scan driver is unable to communicate with the product. seems that the driver maybe corrupt. although I download and install - uninstall 1000 times and restart the computer.. I can print . just can't scan. please help guys!
Top Student
Message 5 of 13 (1,566 Views)

Just read these posts - I've got the same problems but having tried all the suggestions on the troubleshooting menu I'm still stuck and now tearing my hair out!!!

Noticed the retired HP expert made a suggestion which didn't work and according to what I see it has never been resolved so I'm not too confident it will EVER be addressed

Grad Student
Message 6 of 13 (1,557 Views)

When you go to device manager do you see the printer listed under Imaging Device?

Go to Services (click on start type services.msc in the search box)
and check for Shell Hardware Detection and Windows Image Acquisition both should be automatic and started
Tutor
Message 7 of 13 (1,556 Views)

yes its on automatic.

Grad Student
Message 8 of 13 (1,547 Views)

How about imaging device is it there and have you tried scanning with any other applications
Tutor
Message 9 of 13 (1,541 Views)

yes . no response.  i tried everything, 

what I think is that the printer isn't compitable with Windows 7 , the scanning feature I mean..

when I install or running driver doctor . he's saying that the driver isn't compitable. 

i did super super uninstall for this and install it and nothing ...

Top Student
Message 10 of 13 (1,537 Views)

I'm no expert but don't think it's because of Windows 7 - I've had this printer for about 4 years and used it ok ALL FUNCTIONS on Vista. Now my new laptop's OS is Windows 7 64-bit and until recently it did scan ok on Windows 7. It is only in last 2 days the problem has arisen and it won't Copy or Scan but prints ok.

The last time I uninstalled the HP drivers etc and downloaded the current version from HP I successfully installed everything and then tried a scan and "lo and behold" it started working - BUT about three quarters through, the image which was slowly appearing on my screen, suddenly stopped and since then nothing works on scanner function. The HP manager keeps telling me to align the new cartridges but although I can print the alignment test page I can't scan it so I'm totally bemused and will probably just dump the printer when the ink cartridges run out and buy another model - maybe a different manufacturer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation