cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
KPW1
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

f4580

HP Recommended
Deskjet F4580
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, my F4580 printer has not worked. I have uninstalled and re-installed driver software but the issue is that the software cannot connect to the printer via the USB. It seems to not be able to find the printer and make a connection.

The printer works fine with my husband's laptop. My USB ports are in working order. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
13,214 13,162 1,339 3,475
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums. Can you try the following:

Please Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR) tool to diagnose and fix your problem

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e016-1&h_keyword=dg-PDU

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
KPW1
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The Print and Scan troubleshooting tool did not work. I did try the options in this troubleshooting tool:

http://support.hp.com/ca-en/product/HP-Deskjet-F4500-All-in-One-Printer-series/3944755/model/3944756...

The ony thing I found was in a devices search in my control panel, the printer was not there nor could my computer find it.

When I try to print, the device does not exist.

When I open my HP Solutions icon, it doesn't open and gives me this error message: HP Solutions centre cannot run because device installation set up was not complete.  Please plug in the USB cable and re-run the CD set-up installation process.

I have had this printer paired with this computer for 5 years without problem before Windows 10. I have re-installed teh CD and it doesn't work.

THe computer doesn't know the printer exists!

Help!

0 Kudos
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
13,214 13,162 1,339 3,475
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you try this Uninstaller from Microsoft and then reinstall the FULL feature software again?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

Please download the FULL feature software from the web.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-f4500-all-in-one-printer-series/3944755/m...

Let us know if that works!

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
hexagonius
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I wanted to hook into this issue because it's similar. Old notebook, Win7, works. My notebook, Win10, all of a sudden stopped to do so. Today I uninstalled and reinstalled HP software several times, the issue remains the same.
In my case the printer was installed, but only visible in the device manager when enabling show disabled devises. Trying to enable it didn't work and checking it's drivers it just said unknown.
I have a vague guess, but it worked properly a month ago and all that has changed is a revision update for WIN10 (I think).
If I could be provided a link to how to manually assign and therefore force the correct driver, I could confirm that.
Fact is, running the FULL software package on a windows without any pre-installed things, no printers and such, results in a disabled printer without a driver.

Pls provide some help
0 Kudos
hexagonius
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I wanted to add that I managed to install the printer without any issues by installing it over USB first. The software was already installed, so the proper process worked as follows:

• make sure there's no instance of the printer installed under windows and plug it in with USB cable
  • HP software should start and take care of the installation of the printer driver. Skip the registration part as the server is no longer available so it seems
  • now manually start the network setup found in the same HP folder the whole software is installed to and run it. It should guide you through the wireless setup, usually successfully read your computers settings and apply them and a couple of seconds later when the printer is configured, the setup should detect it wirelessly
  • You can then finally remove the USB configuration as prompted by the setup. Make sure you unplug the printer before proceeding, you will be prompted to do so anyways.
  • now everything should be working as expected, enjoy
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation