Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Bartel Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

factory (semi-)full reset for HP Officejet Pro X576DW MFP

Can someone explain me how to reset my HP Officejet Pro D576DW MFP as it came out of the box?

The printer is repeating a paper jam message near the duplexer, but there is no paper jammed in the machine.

i want the printer to clear all memory and settings and allow me to set it up as needed when you plug in the printer for the first time.

thanks for anyone that is able to help me out.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Teacher Teacher
Teacher
83 78 7 17
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I put something to try on your other thread. Please try that and see if it works.

Let me know please.

HP Product Expert for the Officejet Pro X and PageWide Pro Series.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Give it a Kudos!
0 Kudos
NYSPAC Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can somone help me find this linbk please? I need to be able to reset mmy x576dw to factpry out of the box initial setup

0 Kudos
Teacher Teacher
Teacher
83 78 7 17
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

You don't want to do a reset back to an out-of-box experience. This is only advised to be done if a factory technician has performed hardware changes to your printer requiring an initial setup.

What is the situation that causes you to feel you need to do this sort of a reset?

Under the Setup/Tools/Restore Factory Defaults, you can find as close to a restore of settings as we would advise withouth the direct involvement of a trained tech.

HP Product Expert for the Officejet Pro X and PageWide Pro Series.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Give it a Kudos!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation