cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
donb4444
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

faint vertical lines every 1/2 inch hp 7520 photosmart

HP Recommended

brand new, faint vertical lines show up

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Cheetah12
Retired
Retired
3,707 4,118 239 423
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello donb4444,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're receiving faint vertical lines using the Photosmart 7520. I will do my best to assist you! Please make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector. I am recommending this step because sometimes when a printer is not receiving enough power, it can make lines appear.

When you're receiving these lines, are you scanning/copying or printing a document from the computer?

I realize this printer is brand new, but if you're receiving vertical lines from using the scanner glass or the automatic document feeder, then please follow this entire HP document on Vertical Bands, Lines, or Streaks in Copies, Faxes, or Scans.

If you're receiving vertical lines when printing a document, please let me know and I will assist you further. Have a great night! Smiley Happy

I worked on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
donb4444
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

its a photo print, from a mac  (I know, go get a hp pc, but its my wifes)

0 Kudos
Cheetah12
Retired
Retired
3,707 4,118 239 423
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for this information.

What is your operating system on your Mac computer? Click here to find out: Mac? What size photo are you trying print? I would recommend following this HP document on Print Photos Saved on Your Computer (Mac). Please make sure you're changing the "Quality tab" to best.

Please post your results.

0 Kudos
donb4444
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, MAC OS X   10.6.8     where is the quality tab?

0 Kudos
Cheetah12
Retired
Retired
3,707 4,118 239 423
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for providing your operating system.

If you take a look at the HP document I provided from my previous post: Print Photos Saved on Your Computer (Mac).

(This information is from this document)

1. From the File menu in your software application, choose Print .
  2. Make sure the HP Photosmart is the selected printer.
  3. To change print options, do the following if you do not see print options on the Print dialog.
  4. Mac OS X v10.6 : Click the blue disclosure triangle next to the Printer selection to access the print options.
  5. Choose the appropriate borderless paper size in the Paper Size pop-up menu.
  6. Select an Orientation .
  7. From the Application pop-up menu, choose Paper Type/Quality , and then choose the following settings:
  • Paper Type: The appropriate photo paper type
  • Quality: Best or Maximum dpi
  1. If necessary, change the photo and color options:
  2. Click the disclosure triangle beside Color Options and select the appropriate Photo Fix options:
  • Off: Applies no automatic adjustments to the image.
  • Basic: Automatically focuses the image; moderately adjusts image sharpness.
  1. To print the photo in black and white, click Grayscale from the Color pop-up menu, and then select one of the following options:
  2. High Quality: Uses all the available colors to print your photo in grayscale. This creates smooth and natural shades of gray.
  3. Select any other print settings that you want, and then click Print .
  4. If you printed on photo paper that has a tear-off tab, remove the tab to make the document completely borderless.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

0 Kudos
sophie730
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

both me and my husband own the HP 7520 AND IT WAS THE WORST INVESTMENT WE BOUGHT FOR BOTH OF OUR OFFICES!! BOTH OF OUR PRINTERS HAVE FAINT VERTICAL LINES EVERT HALF INCH. TOTAL SCAM, AND NONE OF THE TROUBLESHOOTING WORKED

0 Kudos
Kimensign
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I figurines out mine happened because it was on a metal file cabinet
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation