Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
needhelp987 Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

fatal error: hpzsetup.exe " "-forcetypical" "-wstub 1245858

HP Officejet 6500 E709a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

CB815A

During configuring product portion of install of OJ_AIO_6500_E709_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5.exe the above error occurs.

I have tried several times to uninstall and install this software without success. I can not find any help with this error.

When I try to use the exe file I get 2 choices: uninstall or add device. Uninstall and install does not work nor does add device

HELP

12 REPLIES
needhelp987 Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

fatal error.jpg

0 Kudos
needhelp987 Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How can I send the 23657960.zip file?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4038 304 575
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @needhelp987,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!

I see the error message "Fatal Error: hpzsetup.exe " "-forcetypical" "-wstub 1245858" is causing issues for you. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. 

I found a solution posted for this issue by cags21 on this thread.

Had similar problem installing officejet 4500 wireless all in one, two failed installations, third time it installed but  gept getting "hpzsetup requests your etc". 

details of request were " C:/program Files/HP/Digital Imaging/hpzsetup.exe -wstub 128688." request permission etc.

Navigated to the folder "C:/program files/Hp/digitalimaging/

Found two folders Containing error codes in the name {------------ ---------- --  -- 128688}

opened folder right clicked hpzsetup.exe and DELETE.

did this for both folders.

now hpzsetup doesn't annoy me anymore problem solved

If the issue persists, please follow these instructions to remove and reinstall the software.

Try using the scrubber built into the CD or Download.
From Original installation CD:
1. Insert CD into drive, and then cancel the installer
2. Open My Computer, and then right click on the CD drive and chose open
3. Open folder Util
4. Open folder CCC
5. If you have an HP computer run the L3uninstall.exe. If you have a non-HP computer run the L4uninstall.exe
6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools
8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player
http://www.adobe.com/downloads.html
9. Download the full feature software and drivers.
10. Run the download to reinstall the printer

If software was downloaded and extracted to your system:
1. Type %temp% in the run field
2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)
3. Open folder Util
4. Open folder CCC
5. If you have an HP computer run the L3uninstall.exe. If you have a non-HP computer run the L4uninstall.exe
6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools
8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player
http://www.adobe.com/downloads.html
9. Download the full feature software and drivers.
10. Run the download to reinstall the printer

Source

If the issue persist, try the Disk Cleanup tool.

To clean it up, open This PC, right-click your local C: drive and then select Properties from the context menu. Then click the Disk Cleanup button.

3this pc properties

Windows will calculate how much space can be saved, and give you a list of files to delete. Instead of running it, click the Clean up system files button.

clean up system files

Windows will go through the calculation process again, and this time it finds more files and folders that can be deleted.

calculating 2

Next you’ll see the files and folders that can be deleted. Notice that the Windows.old folder is listed, and it takes up tons of space. Make sure to check it, and you can go ahead and remove Temporary Windows installation files and click OK.

Disk Cleanup Windows 10

You’ll see the progress while the files are deleted. The amount of space that these files take up and the time to delete them will vary between PCs. In this example I’m cleaning up files on a laptop that I started with the first Windows 10 preview, and continued to update each build after that, so I’m freeing up just over 20 GB.

progress

If you see any Disk Clean up verification dialog messages come up, just click Yes or OK.

verify previous installs

Source

After completing the steps above, restart the computer.

Download the Full Feature Software again and try the installer again.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! :)

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
needhelp987 Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Install stoped with message "could not find {9C57D227-1FE7-4F40-BD49-2BCA7761B083} file

0 Kudos
needhelp987 Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I went through another cleaning and download of the install file OJ_AIO_6500_E709_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5.exe.

the install failed with the fatal error   .... \7zS327E\hpzsetup.exe" "-wStub" "984114"

0 Kudos
needhelp987 Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Would sending the log files: 23318765.zip help? Here is the message after the failure

fatal error.jpg

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4038 304 575
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @needhelp987,

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I see the error message and I'm sorry I can't receive your zip file.

Did you try any of the steps I suggested in my previous post? What were the results? 

If you need further assistance, please let me know the following information above.

I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! :)

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
needhelp987 Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did the cleanup following your list using the 7z (Example: 7zS2356) and the L4uninstall.exe since  I have a Dell XPS. I then did the Disk cleanup with everything selected including the Windows old and Temporary Windows installation files .

I then started the install with the  OJ_AIO_6500_E709_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5.exe  file.

A fatal error happened again. This time the file was .....\hpzsetup.exe" "-wStub" "197420

After the error the install program removes the HPfiles so the hpzsetup.exe is not present in the Digital Imaging folder.

The -forcetypical option was not present in this error.

0 Kudos
needhelp987 Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

error message.jpg

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation