cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rrwilke
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

fatal error on hpzprl40.exe windows 7 D100 all in one printer

HP Recommended

getting fatal error on setup of printer windows 7 using wireless

6 REPLIES 6
bassergitz
Level 7
861 849 46 148
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fatal error is usually resolved by uninstalling & reinstalling the printer software. This is usually caused

If issue persists, the best workaround would be to reformat your computer. Once motherboard drivers are reinstalled, install the hp software right away. do not install any software prior to hp software install.

Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
rrwilke
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Learned through another google search that the problem can be fixed by running scan and fix of the operating system without having to do a full reformat... run cmd as administrator... then run from the command line ... sfc  /snannow    This will find and fix operating system files...

bassergitz
Level 7
861 849 46 148
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It may work, be careful with the steps as it may damage you OS...if steps are not executed systematically...the OS registry is sensitive...tell me how it goes.

Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
rrwilke
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes... it worked perfectly and saved the extreme hassle of a reformat... if it wouldn't have worked or messed up... I could then follow through with the reformat.. but.. turned out to be very slick and easy...

bassergitz
Level 7
861 849 46 148
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks man for the feedback. We can use this step for other hp customers wha are having the same issue
gerbirgin
1 1 0 1
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

FYI...It's sfc /scannow not sfc /snannow.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation