Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 2 (908 Views)

fax error 321 Hp officejet 4620

Product Name: officejet 4620
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi.

I bought a hp officejet 4620 and whenever I try to send a fax send back error 321. I Google it and in your forum appears several options to correct the error. I tried all and the problem continues. I thank you in advance for availability. No other issue I subscribe myself.

Luis Gonçalves

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (851 Views)

Re: fax error 321 Hp officejet 4620

Hi @pantera22,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I noticed that you cannot fax with your HP Officejet 4620 printer. I am happy to look into this for you! 

Do you have a analog or digital phone service? Analog Phone System vs. Digital Phone System.

According to this guide, Interpreting Fax Error Codes, it states: 

There was a communication error with the receiving fax machine due to poor telephone line conditions.

• Set the receiving machine to receive at a slower transmission speed.
  • If the session fails after sending several pages of a large document, resend the document as several smaller documents.
  • Retry the fax reception when telephone line conditions have improved. Call the telephone provider if line conditions fail to improve.

Please try those steps, and let me know what happens! 

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Hope to hear from you soon! Smiley Happy

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation