cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
pify1
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

flash drive and scanning

1. Can I send a document to a flash drive without the use of a laptop? My objective is to save documents on the flash drive and not have them appear on the computer's  hard drive. Is this possible?  I want to be able to carry the the flash drive and when necessary plug it into the scanner and make a hard copy as needed. Is this possible wothout any trace on my laptop computer?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Level 13
7,129 7,121 557 997
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

flash drive and scanning

Depends on the model printer.  Some all in one printers allow documents or photos to be scanned directly to a usb flash drive.  Just check out the specifications of the all in one unit you have or one that you are interested in purchasing.  Most recent all in ones allow for this option.

0 Kudos
pify1
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

flash drive and scanning

Once you have the document on the flash drive then how do you  retrieve it to print it when desired? I do not want anything on the hard drive. Can i price a button the the scanner/printer/copier and get a hard copy when desired?  I am confused about what i think should be very simple.  Grateful for any and all help. thanks

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation