cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tuppitoo
Level 2
18 11 0 2
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

greying out .excessive ink use

HP Recommended
hp envy 5530e

controls on remote app greying out . though blue light is on and all normal settings ok. .i finally re connected every thing and

printer was ok. the main ac connection to the printer seems loose is this  normal?  Seems to be using coloured ink at a great rate.  chas(tuppitoo)

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
E-roq
Retired
Retired
2,245 2,120 146 291
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @tuppitoo

I reached out to you earlier regarding another post.  I would like to assist you here as well with respect to your questions about the HP ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One Printer.  :robothappy:

Are you still having an issue using the HP All-in-One Printer Remote app?  If yes, let me know and I'll be happy to help.  

When you mention the 'main ac connection' on your printer being loose are you referring to where the power cord plugs into the back of your printer?  

As for your question about the printer using coloured ink at a rate greater than expected, I do have some information that might help.  Click here to learn more about Ink Usage in Inkjet Printers.  This article covers all the main points on how your printer uses coloured ink in certain types of print jobs and in servicing itself.  

I hope this helps.  If you need any more help as per my questions above, please reply at your leisure.  If I have helped you resolve the issue and you liked this post, feel free to give me virtual props by clicking on the 'Thumbs Up' icon below. 

Thanks again for your post and have a great day!  :robotvery-happy:

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

tuppitoo
Author
Level 2
18 11 0 2
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks very much E roq for your advice.. I am still evaluatig ink costs and will let you know . the plug that goes into the printer is not a snug fit  and feels loose. but again I'll let you know. aprt from these two problems the prints and having fun with the younger generations by taking  photos outside the house and sending them inside to collect their picture.

chas  (tuppitoo)

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation