cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mpack Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

h-p officejet 6700

h-p officejet does not scan or copy using home vista. error msg:Unabel to scan,copy ro send a fax

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
3962 3877 591 651
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

h-p officejet 6700

Normally the message 'Unable to scan, copy, or send a fax' is coupled with a message of 'scanner failure.'  A scanner failure error is an indication of a problem in the scanner system, normally the scan bar.  

Have you tried performing a hard reset to the printer?

* Unplug the unit while on

* Unplug the other end of the power cord from the direct wall outlet

* Wait 30 seconds

* Plug unit back into power source

Does the scanner bar move or light up if you open the top lid and tell the printer to start a copy?

There are additional steps to troubleshoot this error message in the document found here.

If the troubleshooting does not get the error to go away, then the printer may be able to clear the error by performing a factory reset.  I will send the information for a reset on this model printer via private message.  Please check your inbox messages.  Before performing the steps, please look at Bob_Headrick's thread on printer resets.  The thread is found here.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation