Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (15,459 Views)

how do i change my setting on my hp officejet 4620 to print black only

how do i change my setting on my hp officejet 4620 to print black only

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Message 2 of 6 (15,437 Views)

Re: how do i change my setting on my hp officejet 4620 to print black only

dohr1,

This is done in the properties window for the printer.  There are a few ways to get there.

If you want to get there from the program you are using with Windows click File > Print > select the printer > Properties (may be Preferences, depends on the software being used) > Advanced > click the Print in Grayscale drop down menu and select Black Ink Only then click ok.

The online manual might help also.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03251656.pdf

Click the Kudos on the left side for helping and click Accept as Solution for providing a solution. I work for HP.

Best Regards,
Kenneth
Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (14,585 Views)

printing in black only

How do i print in black only on a macbook pro?

Student
Message 4 of 6 (14,147 Views)

I have the same problem.  

I went to File > Print > select the printer (I select HP officejet 4620) then there's no properties or preferences.  Under printer is presets.

I bought HP officejet 4620 today.  This is the first time I used it.  I really really do not like it.  It very noisy and slow.  It's much slower than my 8 years old  HP C3150.  I am thinking about returning 4620 tomorrow.  

Does HP stil make C3150?  Should I spend extra money and get a better HP printer?  If so, what do you recommend? 

Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (12,656 Views)

[ Edited ]

Kenneth:

I went ahead and followed your directions to the letter and yet I am still getting color prints or worse yet, blank sheets now that the color cartridges are empty. I replaced my first brand new black ink cartridge with a second brand new cartridge so that is not the problem. Any other suggestions?

Bookauthor1

Honor Student
Message 6 of 6 (9,697 Views)

I want my printer to always print in black only, on draft quality. I have followed these steps and my printer automatically reverts to printing in full colour, high quality, every time I print a new document. I've tried changing the settings to 'Black Only' and 'Draft' from both the Devices & Printers page and the print box itself. Neither lasts for more than one document.

It is far too time consuming to repeatedly change the settings every time I print something, I have to print around 70 separate documents every morning!

I'm using Windows 8 if that helps.

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation