cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
missyhall
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

how do i disable double sided printing

HP Recommended
how do i disable double sided printing on my hp envy 4500, the dialog box does not provide me with an option on my MacBook
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
JERENDS
Retired
Retired
3,722 3,670 263 488
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello missyhall,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see you are looking for a way to disable duplex printing on the ENVY 4500. What is the version of Mac installed on the computer?

Since you are not seeing the option in the print window, you may need to disable the print driver for it. To do this, follow the below steps.

• Open System Preferences.
  • Open either Print and Scan, Printer and Scanner or Print and Fax.
  • Select your printer, click Options and Supplies, then the Driver tab.
  • Un-check the box regarding duplex.

Has this helped?

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
steelgut
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is printing double sided on an envelope

0 Kudos
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,498
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @steelgut,

Good day. May the forums welcome you! 🙂 Hope you are doing well. 🙂  I understand that you require information on how to disable double sided printing on envelopes. I will be delighted to assist you. 🙂 

Great observations.  Superb diagnosis of the issue as well before posting. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 You are a privileged HP customer and we value your relationship with HP greatly.  It is a genuine pleasure to share this platform with you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I’d require more information regarding this.

• Please let me know the complete printer model# and the operating system used.
  • Have you also checked the product specifications of the printer for supported media?

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

Happy holidays to you and your family. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
MenelikII
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have seen your generic response to that problem. But there is no driver tab on that dialog box. SO whats next?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation