cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
acfpt
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

how do i get scan-to-email to work?

HP Recommended

Tech Data:

Printer: 8600 Pro Plus

Connection Method: Printer- Ethernet (Bonjour), Laptop-Wireless

Running FULL HP software package, including full updates via Apple Software Update

Set-up went without a hitch

Printing is working

ePrint is working

Scan to Computer is working

Archive Faxing (sending received faxes to email address) is working

When I try to set up Scan to Email, specifically "Outgoing Email Profiles" I keep receiving the message "Network connection error. Check network and try again"..  This is through the local web interface on the printer.  I have tried it through Safari as well as Chrome. This is at the same time that the status in the HP Utility shows the printer connected and ready.

Can anyone tell me what else to look for in order to set up the Fax to Email?  Do I have to connect wirelessly instead of Ethernet?  Do I have to connect the computer via USB?

Thank you for any help or suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JustinNS
Level 4
109 100 5 29
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi,

Please click on the below web link and please reply it does not work

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02914043
Regards
Justin
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution : )

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
6 REPLIES 6
stix4
Level 9
Level 9
1,520 1,397 53 305
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for the post.  When you are in the EWS which path are you taking? In the meantime,  I've attached a link below that may assist in getting this resolved.  Good Luck!

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02921272

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

acfpt
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am sorry for the delay in my response to your first post.  Thank you for your attempt to help.

1- I do not understand the abbreviation "EWS".  Could you please clarify so that I can answer you accurately?  Thank you

2- Your link did not address the issue I was posting about as I already had Scan to Computer working.  It is Scan to Email that I am attempting to set up.

Thank you again for trying to help.

JustinNS
Level 4
109 100 5 29
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi,

Please click on the below web link and please reply it does not work

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02914043
Regards
Justin
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution : )

View solution in original post

acfpt
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This solution seems to have worked!  Thank you.  Some of the steps were slightly different, and the EWS is very unstable, repeatedly losing connection after I made a setting change, but the end result is what counts and the feature seems to be working.  Thank you very much.

rickvaughn
2 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No help from HP  do buy anything from them

pepepepe
1 1 0 1
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi JustinNS,

please provide a working link, as I have the same problem.

Many thanks,

best regards,

Pepepepe

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation