The HP Community is here for you.
08-17-2012 09:14 AM
I am using Windows 7 and an HP PSC 750 printer. The printer installation cannot find the drivers in Windows 7. When I go to the HP web site to download the drivers the message states there is no download the drivers are in Windows 7. Is there another driver that is in Windows 7 that can be used or is there another location to find the drivers.
08-19-2012 04:44 AM
Go to www.hp.com Enter the product name / number. Be sure to check the additional information, like how to install the driver or troubleshooting guides.
Life is too serious to be taken seriously
08-20-2012 06:54 AM
Thanks.. but I tried that .. the problem is the web site doesn't have the drivers.. It states Windows 7 has the drivers but it doesn't. I can't find the drivers or a note to indicate which of the windows 7 drivers to use. I have tried several none of them work.
08-21-2012 07:06 AM
Your going to need to manually install the driver for this printer. Here are the steps to install it manually in Windows 7:
1. Make sure that the USB cable is not connected to the product. If the USB cable is connected to the product, disconnect it.
2. From the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ), and then click Devices and Printers . The Devices and Printers window opens.
3. Click Add a printer . The Add Printer window opens.
4. Click Add a local printer .
5. Click Use an existing port .
6. Click the Use an existing port drop-down list, select LPT1: (Printer Port) , and then click Next .
7. Click the Windows Update button and wait for the updates to complete.
8. In the Install the printer driver window, under Manufacturer click HP , and then search for your driver under Printers . If the driver does not show up under HP, try looking under Hewlett Packard.
NOTE:The print drivers are displayed by their series names, which means the last one or two numbers may show as zeroes. For instance, the HP Photosmart 8750 displays as HP Photosmart 8700, and the PSC 1210 displays as the PSC 1200 series.
9. Once you find the appropriate driver, plug the USB cable back into the printer. The Installing Device Driver Software window should briefly display in the bottom right corner of the computer screen. Wait for it to disappear.
10. Click the Cancel button on the Add Printer window.
11. The newly installed printer now shows in the Devices and Printers window.
If the PSC 750 is not in the list you can use the Deskjet 990c driver. Let me know how this works!