cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dogarsi
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

how do i scan from my envy 7640 to my toshiba Chromebook 2?

HP Recommended
envy 7640
Chrome OS

I know how to print from Toshiba Chromebook 2 but can't figure out how to scan docs into the Chromebook 2. Any help would be appreciated as I'm new to the Chromebook game. Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
91,958 91,839 11,857 25,327
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL1obc9FDyI

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
dogarsi
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your your quick response. I followed the tutorial and was able to successfully set up webscan. However, when I tried to scan a document there was no provision in the printer menu for webscan. The printer in the video is not an Envy 7640. Any suggestions? Thanks.

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
91,958 91,839 11,857 25,327
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

By default Webscan is Off on the Envy 7640. You have to turn it on:

To enable Webscan
1. Open the embedded web server. For more information, see Open the embedded Web server
on page 91.
2. Click the Settings tab.
3. In the Security section, click Administrator Settings.
4. Select Webscan to enable Webscan.
5. Click Apply and then click OK.

now on page 91:

To open the embedded Web server using Wi-Fi Direct
1. From the Home screen, touch (Wireless) and then touch (Settings).
2. If the display shows that Wi-Fi Direct is Off, touch Wi-Fi Direct and then switch it on.
3. From your wireless computer, turn wireless on, search for and connect to the Wi-Fi Direct name,
for example: DIRECT-**- HP ENVY-7640 (where ** are the unique characters to identify your
printer). Enter the Wi-Fi Direct password when prompted.
4. In a supported Web browser on your computer, type the following address: http://192.168.223.1.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

dogarsi
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks that did the trick. Apprteciate your help.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation