cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
raneel
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

how remove old printer from HP Scan Doctor?

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had a HP 7520, which I then replaced with a HP6830 printer. The new printer had the infamous 'Print Head failure', so I took it back to the retailer and obtained a replacement HP6830 printer. The printer has no problem PRINTING, however the scan-to-computer tool fails. 

When I go to HP  Print and Scan doctor I now see four (!) printers 

The HP7520 

HP Officejet Pro HP6830  (Network)

HP Officejet Pro  HP6830 (Net)  

HP Officejet Pro HP6830 (Net) #2 

How do I get rid of the unwanted printer assignments? 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Bill_J0311
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi. I understand you see some redundant printers in your HPPSdr display. Can you open "Devices and Printers" from your Control Panel and try deleting the extra printers there?

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
hjs_19
Level 5
Level 5
225 223 13 45
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi raneel,

There is a video on HPPrinterSupport on YouTube that shows how to unistall printer software.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxfG86qYnGw

Let me know if this solves your problem.

Thanks!

Hjs_19 *I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue - it will help others find the solution!
Learn how to uninstall HP printer software when you are using Windows 7 or 8.Learn more about uninstalling printer software on our support site: http://suppo...
raneel
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The other printers do not appear in the Device Manager nor do they appear in the Printers & Scanners section of the Settings. 

0 Kudos
ATGA1
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We have sort of the same problem.  Two printers show up in the Doctor that do not show up in Devices/Printers.  The driver software for this old printer is still present in the Print Server, but when attempting to delete, says that it is in use.  The printer is physically removed from the computer and boxed (no power).  My thought is that maybe there was a job in the print spooler when this printer was removed under Windows 7, and now, under Windows 10 Upgrade, the drivers still show up and can't be removed.  There are also ports assigned to this old printer which can't be removed ( in use), and attempts to remove the driver via Programs fail with out error, after reboot still there.  A new printer installed will not print, and says it can't find its driver, though it is installed.

0 Kudos
cyberskipper
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue as the previous poster;

My computer will print to the new computer but not scan unless I use the internet.

Old printer is a Officejet J4680

New printer is an Officejet 6700 premium

HP Scan DR shows three printers; HP Officejet 6700, HP Officejet J4680, and HP Officejet J4680 #2

First, NO, the old printers do not show up in the printers and scanners list, thus you just cannot go in and delete/remove something that isn't there.

I have searched the computer for anything with J4680 in the file name.... Nothing

I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled numerous times with the same result.

I suspect the HP scan software is just using an old file somewhere thinking that it is a J4680 but of course, there is no J4680 printer connected.

Any advice?

0 Kudos
denise14107
Level 2
24 18 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm wondering why noone from HP has answered this; there's a LOT of views and no answer. I have the same problem!

Two show in the print and scan doctor; but only one in control panel, etc.

How do you remove it from print and scan doctor and make sure no remnants of it are in the computer?

In my case, it's actually a second 'copy' of the same printer that I accidentally tried to install as a network printer rather than a USB printer. But it shows it as installed.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation