Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (2,320 Views)

how to get the driver for hpdeskjet 3940 color printer for windows 7 ultimate 32-bit

Please guide me how to download free driver for HP Deskjet 3940 printer for windows 7 ultimate 32-bit.

Provost
Message 2 of 6 (2,299 Views)

Re: how to get the driver for hpdeskjet 3940 color printer for windows 7 ultimate 32-bit

[ Edited ]

Hi,

The driver for your printer is already included within Windows7 thruogh Windows Update.

You may follow the steps below in order to configure the printer:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01874792

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution Smiley Happy
Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (2,115 Views)

Re: how to get the driver for hpdeskjet 3940 color printer for windows 7 ultimate 32-bit

I am having  the same problem except windows update says it can't find any new drivers and the deskjet 3940 is not already listed.

Distinguished Professor
Message 4 of 6 (2,104 Views)

What problem are you having? Does this happen when you try and download the driver for your printer or are you trying to run an update?

-SeanS

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (2,095 Views)

Windows update would search for drivers for less than a minute then say that there was an error and it couldn't find any new drivers "at this time." In the end I searched the windows catalog online and found the driver I needed the old fashioned way, and got the printer "working." By working I mean it sucked up all the paper at once when printing a test page, then continued to say paper jam after it was cleared. I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Now nothing prints but windows trouble shooter does not detect a problem. I can fill the queue with a dozen test pages but the status never goes to "printing" and windows shows the printer as functioning fine, but nothing happens, and I'm certain it is the correct driver.

Distinguished Professor
Message 6 of 6 (2,089 Views)

Why dont you give the HP Print & Scan Doctor a try to see if it can resolve the issue. Let me know if it resolves the issue and if not post back with any new details the Print Doctor provides.

Thanks
SeanS

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation