Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Message 1 of 4 (1,415 Views)

how to permanantly change the default scan destination - HP soln center

This behavior is driving me nuts.  I want to specify a destination for all of my scanned docs and have it be the permanant default setting.  Every time I set it for one scan job, it reverts back to what HP thinks it should be.  I have searched everywhere to find info on how to fix this.  Any help is appreciated.

Too bad the hp documentation for the solution center keeps this a mystery....(e.g. it SUX!)

btw, i have two hp printers: c309 on a network, and officejet 6210 connected via usb to host machine and shared.  I want to specify the default location for both all in ones....

Thanks for your help

-John

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 4 (1,398 Views)

Re: how to permanantly change the default scan destination - HP soln center

I am really interested in the solution of this thread too!

Intern
Message 3 of 4 (1,390 Views)

Hmmmm, so far, I have not heard anything about how to do this.  Other things I have found out, is that when using the TWAIN interface to 3rd party program, the setting are even more of a mystery, and, change with *every* page scanned, eventhough it is told that it is scanning a *multi-page* document on the flatbed...Quite frankly, I am really disappointed by this badly designed sw.  I never would have thought HPs quality in this would be so bad....My guess is that they farmed the sw development to somebody who never saw their product, or even a scanner.  Wow, so sad....

No wonder we are losing the economic 'war'........

I will not call their *support* line either - Its a joke...they repeat your sentence back to you (like in 2nd grade) and clearly do no understand what is being conveyed.  Then you get put on hold for 5-10 mins while they 'look up that information'.....so very sad

PCG Top Student
Top Student
Message 4 of 4 (1,037 Views)

Not directly related but I would like to know how to set the default printer for use in printing pictures within Solution Center.  I have set the all-in-one print function as the standard system default but when in Solution Center the default changes to the FAX function.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation