cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
45THER
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

hp 4620 makes load noise

HP Recommended

Hi,

I bought an HP Officejet 4620 allinone. It occasionally makes a load chattering noise, as if two gears are trying to strip the teeth off of each other. When I bought it,  it was doing that about once a week. Now it's making that noise daily.  I never owned an allinone, so I thought that the noise was normal. Because of the ramp up of how often it does it lately, it probably isn't normal. How can I fix this problem before the printer self distructs?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Jamieson
Retired
Retired
8,276 7,338 382 840
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello , and welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I see your printer is making loud noises.  There a few things that could be generating that, such as a small piece of paper or debris caught in the printer, or the carriage could be catching on something.

First, I would recommend going through this document on The Product Makes Noise when Printing.

Second, I would recommend utilizing this document on A 'Paper Jam' Message Displays on the Control Panel.

Finally, I would run through the steps covered in A 'Carriage Jam,' '0x61000008,' '0x6100000B,' or '0x6100001D' Message Displays on the Control Panel.

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation