cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
45THER
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

hp 4620 printer paper feed problem

HP Recommended
hp officejet 4620
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,  Owned this printer for about 2 years. It's worked great since this Forum fixed a chattering noise problem I had about a year ago. Recently I tried to print. The paper fed in approximately 2 inches then stopped. I could hear whirling noises as if it were working normally. Then I could hear it sound as if it were printing, but wasn't. Then it stopped printing and an error message appeared on the screen. "Paper jam. Clear paper jam then press OK." I go through the motions to clear the jam. There is no jam. When I hit the OK button to resume the printing, it reads on the screen that it is printing, but it's not. That printing notification stays up on the screen for an abnormally long time before there is a chime and changes to the paper jam screen. I thoroughly cleaned the 2 pick up rollers, 4 rubber feed rollers, rollers in the back that run against the rubber rollers and checked with a flashlight for any loose pieces of floatsom inside of the printer. Nothing, barely any dust.

I have replicated the problem multiple times, just trying to print something. Now and again I will get an error message the It's "Out of paper" even though i'ts not. I"ll hit the OK button, and it returns to the paper jam screen. Just before and during this problem an error message has popped up twice, telling me I have counterfiet cartridges installed. I don't, They are HP product. I have the printer default set to "black ink" . I have only use the color cartridges once. When I check ink status, it shows that the cartridge are nearly empty, when in fact they should be full. I have not installed hardware or software on this computer. I have a AT&T Wi-Fi Uverse connection. Have used the same paper since I bought it. I have scanned things to file, no problem with that part of it.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
MarcelusWallace
Retired
Retired
1,728 1,679 114 218
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @45THER,

Welcome back to the HP community,

I understand you are getting "Out of paper" and "Paper jam" messages and your  HP Officejet 4620 will not feed any paper. I will be happy to help.

Below, I have posted a link to a document that offers some troubleshooting solutions to this issue. Please try all of the steps(including the ones you have tried previously), in order and get back to me with the results.

Officejet 4620 - An 'Out of Paper' Message Displays on the Control Panel and the All-in-One Does Not...

If you get to "Solution five: Service the All-in-One" you will have to contact HP for further support.

Contact HP:
Step 1. Open link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number
Case number and phone number appear

I hope this helps.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
★Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks" for helping!

45THER
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Marcelus for the suggestion. Had gotten to "Solution Five: Service the All- in-One" already twice before I contacted the Forum. Just for reasons of redundancy, I tried Solutions one through 4 again. Still not working after three attempts. Due to the price of the 4620 printer when new, service doesn't seem like the most cost effective plan. Looks like time for a new printer.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation