cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
2 1 0 2
Message 1 of 15
Flag Post

hp ENVY 5660 won't feed from the 4x6 tray!

HP Recommended
ENVY 5660
Windows 8.1

Just set up the new wireless printer and all communications are working well, but.....when attempting to print 4x6 photo's, it won't select the 4x6 photo paper tray. Both the regular paper and the 4x6 photo paper trays are filled, but not over full.

When we set printer preferences, we set 4x4, paper type, etc..but aren't seeing any other options. It will print 4x6 on a full sheet of paper all day, but not feed from the 4x6 tray. Please help! We don't feel like we are device illiterate, but this one has us stumped!

14 REPLIES 14
Retired
Retired
8,276 7,338 382 840
Message 2 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @burly1, and welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're having issues with your tray selection. I'd like to help!

I would recommend running a copy throught the printer, but select copy - photo tray.  Do you have any issues printing a photocopy on photo paper?

I'd also suggest performing a power reset on the printer.  Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power outlet, then wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, plug the printer back in. Ensure you plug the printer directly to a wall outlet. Make sure to bypass any sort of surge protector or power bar.

I'd then suggest downloading and running the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
Author
2 1 0 2
Message 3 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks for the reply. Turns out the NEW HP 4x6 photo paper is 1.5 cm shorter than the older original paper. Old stuff would not allow the tray to fully seat. Trimmed off 1.5 cm and it works fine. I guess I didn't get the memo.
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I've reset the printer, tried the 'other' 4 x 6 setting and it copies fine onto the photo paper but will not print, saying there is no paper loaded. Printing on 8 1/2" by 11" works fine.
0 Kudos
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tried printing for 30 minutes with my windows based laptop.  Printer continually said out of 4x6 photo paper no matter what changes I made.  Finally decided to print from my iphone.  Printer fired up a great photo in about 20 seconds.  Once again I am convinced that anything Microsoft related is crap.

0 Kudos
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've done everything according the manual.  The printer follows directions, makes sounds as if it's printing, then says the paper tray is empty.

0 Kudos
1 1 0 1
Message 7 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

40 minutes later and still not working.  Only option is to return the printer and buy the Epson or Canon.

2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my 4x6 tray  has 4x6 paper in it and my plain paper tray has paper in it. when I select photo 4x6 it prints on plain paper. Please help me.

0 Kudos
2 2 0 0
Message 9 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my 4x6 tray  has 4x6 paper in it and my plain paper tray has paper in it. when I select photo 4x6 it prints on plain paper. Please help me. Iam running on windows XP

0 Kudos
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having this issue but these solutions did not work for my printer. Another note is that when the printer pulls the tray back and tries to grab the paper there is an awful clicking sound that I have not heard before, and the printer proceeds to tell me that there is no paper in the photo tray....when there is. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation