Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp 2130 desk jet all in one
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP print & Scan Dr says driver conflict. Have Un-installed printer driver,re-installed using original disk,and re-installed driver with HP customer service download.,  Have done this many times with same results --no print.  Okay for test print and will print from internet  data.  

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

? If yes, then what is it?

@hoppy1231

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP DeskJet 2130 All-in-One Printer and it does not print with the LibreOffice software. The HP Print and Scan Doctor software says that there is a driver conflict. You have uninstalled the drivers from the disk and also from the HP website. The printer prints test pages and also from the internet. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. 

Based on your input, looks like the printer drivers are installed and the printer is well connected. To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Is the printer able to print other documents like from Microsoft Word, PDF, Notepad, etc?
  • Do you receive an error message while trying to print from LibreOffice software? If yes, then what is it?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to uninstall the printer drivers from the root level and then reinstall them back by following the below steps:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.

Please download and install the drivers from this link.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know what happens. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

after typing printui.exe/s in the run command  & checking ok, results said it could not locate that file 

HP Recommended

@hoppy1231

There is a space in between printui.exe and /s

Try it again please and let me know. Cheers! 

HP Recommended

MKAZIU:  adding the space worked. Deleted driver per instructions, reinstalled driver/software from your web site.  results are the same however. No print and no recognition when checking for what is printing.   Shows the correct printer as default, uses usb port, previuosly also changed usb plug in slots, also have tried different ports.  simply  "shoots out blank paper"  if I decide to throw this printer in the trash and add another printer do you think the new printer woulf work.  this printer is only a few months old and worked fine until recently with no changes in software, hardware, etc.. Thanks for helping any further suggestions will be appreciated.   Roger )Hoppy)

HP Recommended

@hoppy1231

You're welcome Roger. 

I would still like to know if the printer able to print other documents like from Microsoft Word, PDF, Notepad, etc? If not then it is purely a drivers issue. 

I suggest you to install the inbuilt printer drivers in Windows. This link will help you to install the inbuilt drivers in Windows. 

NOTE: When you reach to the list of drivers to choose from, please choose the drivers for your HP DeskJet 2130 All-in-One Printer and continue with the installation of the inbuilt drivers. 

Hope this helps. Let me know. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

MKazi: Nol print with Windows Pad, Note book,Old Works files. Can still print on any internet info.  In my attempt to locate an inbuilt driver for the printer, my driver tab listed only those indicated as system 32, with 301 drivers listed.  Since my system is 64 mb I'm really confused??  What if I used a system restore all the way back to my factory settings and back up those files I want to save, then reload any prorams such as th printer and LibreOffice, etc.?  Also the Driver for my Libre Office did not show up in my driver files??

HP Recommended

@hoppy1231

Before you reinstall Windows, I suggest you to perform Windows updates and then try to install the inbuilt printer drivers in Windows. 

If nothing works then we can go by your suggestion and try the steps you've suggested. 

Thank you and I appreciate you working tirelessly to fix this case. Cheers! 

HP Recommended

MKazi

checked updates and found several that needed updating allthough supposedly this was suppose to be done per chedule by microsoft.  Did the updates, added drivers lwith results same as before.  Looks to be a lost cause , quess I'll try deleting everything and start from scratch.  Will not do so for a few days.. Thanks for trying

HP Recommended

@hoppy1231

You're welcome.

Sure, you keep me posted. In the mean time, I'll research further. Cheers! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.