Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 1 (283 Views)

hp deskjet 2540 will not print, scan dr keep saying reinstall

[ Edited ]

I cannot print from my deskjet 2540, I am using ie11 and have tried everything I can think off to get it to work. The scan dr just says reinstall, which i have done numerous times. I have the printer as default and can see the whole hp set up listed. I have tried doing it wirelessly and by usb and nothing has worked. I have read the forums and tried all solutions but to no avail. I am on the point of returning this printer as never have I had such a problem with an installation. Please can anyone help with this situation.

Okay I have been onto chat twice and did remote assistance twice, both times they accessed my laptop and the printer worked, as soon as I logged off from chat, I couldn't print anymore.

I have never known such time and trouble trying to install a printer, I have tried every single thing I could think of, remote assistance even installed a generic driver a completely different printer, changed ip address and generally went through everything i had already tried, which took 3 hrs all in. To say I am totally fed up with it all is an understatement, so have now packed up printer and will be returning it and will be glad to see the back of it. I therefore do not need any help to recitify this appaling situation.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation