cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 1 0 1
Message 21 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there I had trouble and researched a way to finally connect my printer or reconnect(actually)

I tried the suggestions from almost every person that replied to no avail.

I run xp with wpa security(wep I understand, seems to block out any attempts to connect unless manually configured)

This is how I did it and quite honestly I was upset with myself at how easy it was(I did not have the disc):

1- Get and connect a printer cable to the printer until prompted by the software to connect to the pc.

2- Go to start menu, programs and select your printer model and select "Printer Setup and software"

3- Then select reconfigure wireless settings

everything else will be apparent.

Let me know how it goes, I'm interested

Highlighted
Level 2
9 7 1 1
Message 22 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

dopinate,

I just signed on this forum to thank you for posting the solution to this problem. I been fighting this for few days, but you procedure worked like a charm. I have window 7 x64 home edition and linksys router,  i had no problem installing the printer on my desktop computer running window xp, but with windows 7 was a different story. this is what I did,

1. load the software from installation CD

2. connect the printer to laptop via usb cable, the laptop starts to loading the drivers

3. After the drivers were loaded go to control panel ->  Devices and printers ->add a new printer

4. Select your printer, then you will be asked a local printer or network, answer network and your are done 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 23 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same problem, I set the printer up and my desktop with XP installed and connected perfectly but when I tried to get my laptop with Vista installed to do the same it just wouldn't find the printer, the green bar got all the way across and it just sat there doing nothing, I tried all the solutions in this thread to no avail, I connected with a USB cable and got the software fully installed then tried to reconfigure to  wireless but when looking for the printer the green bar got about 3/4 of the way across then just hung, here is what I did to solve it.

Clicked Start

Selected Network (on the right)

Selected Add new Printer

The printer was in the list and as the driver was already installed I chose it from the list when promted and now it works.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 24 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the 3512 set up wireless to my old compaq laptop with xp professional and belkin router but gets stuck checking network on my newer dell with windows 7 on same network tried all suggestions on other forrum turned off firewalls turned off security every thing just will not complete install on windows 7 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 25 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended
hey just reading all of this i have two laptops one with xp pro one with windows 7 and a net work on abelkin router bought set up deskjet 3512 just fine with xp but have same issue of stuck at checking network with windows 7 tried all ideas on this forrum on security off security on firewalls off firewalls router settings computer settings well you get the picture nothing i try will allow complete download on the windows 7 other than a usb connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 26 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended
thanks fox74 and bodd that got it done
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 27 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

these new priners are peices of crap i dont know if windows 8 has anything to do with it but they just plainly dont insatall wirelessly but the worst thing is these manufacteres dont make things any easier in their instruction i wish the coulkd make things easier like im about to do they are all just plain craaaap   frustrated consumer hp3512 wont set up wirelessly imtaking this crap back to the store tomarrow maybe hp can make a nice paperweight out of it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 28 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended
This solution worked wounderfully thank you very much.
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation