Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Example: hp envy4500
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I tried printing a certificate. On my computer screen everything looks good on the certificate, but, when I go to print, about 5 letters were blocked out in black on the certificate when I was done printing. The rest of the certificate came out fine

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Cathie25

@Cathie25 wrote:

I tried printing a certificate. On my computer screen everything looks good on the certificate, but, when I go to print, about 5 letters were blocked out in black on the certificate when I was done printing. The rest of the certificate came out fine

In general, if a document does not print as expected the printer may not be correctly "translating" the document into the printing format / language that the printer understands.  Items that may fails to translate properly include non-TrueType fonts, bar codes, specific areas on a boarding pass, and other oddities.

In general, if the default printing software for that type of document cannot print the document correctly, then print the document as an Image.

PDF Readers, including Adobe Reader DC and Foxit, can print a document as "Image".

Open the offending PDF file > File > Print > Advanced >>

1. Set the printer select the colors

And / Or

1. Print the PDF file as an image

If the issue is "odd fonts" (text content that does not print):  Document Editors can be used to change / adjust the fonts used to create the document.  Word is an example of a Document Editor.

If the certificate is displayed on your computer screen, you can "snip" a picture (image):

Create a Snip of the information on the page > save the snipped image as a .jpg file > print that file.

References:

Reinstall / Update your PDF Reader (Adobe Reader DC / Foxit Reader)

• HINT: Watch out for and UNCHECK unwanted extra software

Snip – available since Vista!  Check out the “delay” feature in Windows 10

Snipping Tool in Windows 10 / 8 / 7: Tips & Tricks to capture screenshots

Dragon Document - Help, suggestions, and examples:

Manage Print Output with Print Preview

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click my post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the information. I am not a real rechie person,but, I will try everything you suggesssted! Many thanks again

Cathie

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.