cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jsiemes
Level 1
1 0 0 6
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

hp envy 7640 shows offline when trying to print.

HP Recommended
HP Envy 7640
Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks

For the first 3 months this printer has worked great.  Over the last month the printer always shows as "offline" on my computer (from the printer page that pops up) when I try to print from my mac.  Also it is not found when trying to Apple Airprint from my ipad and iphone.  These all worked in the beginning.  The printer is on and the wireless blue light is solid.  The only way I am able to print is when the printer is turned off and back on again.  But once the printer goes back to sleep, it's offline again.  Please help.  It's incredibly frustrating.  I did try to troubleshoot from my manual.  I reset printing systems and reinstalled the printer from the website as instructed.  This has made no difference! 

4 REPLIES 4
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
33,133 27,146 5,594 11,735
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try rebooting your router by unplugging its power for a moment.

Allow it 2-3 minutes to start and then reboot the printer as well.

May you see any difference then?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
strmcsr
Level 5
174 97 10 25
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you ever get this resolved?   

When the printer locks up and does not respond, check the  back of the printer where the power cord is connected.  Is the green LED light on the power supply still on when it is in this state or does it go off?

If the power supply LED on the back of the printer is lit, something else is going on.  If it is NOT lit, then the power supply is the culprit.  The green LED should remain lit at all times when connected to power regardless if the printer is powered off or on.

Though I work for HP, My posts express MY opinion, and not those of HP.
Stens
2 1 0 2
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I need to unplug (reset) router almost every time I want to print.

jdkjdk
Level 2
1 1 0 9
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem.

This Envy 7640 is a REPLACEMENT PRINTER for 6830 that had a **constantly bad printhead.

Now this.  It worked for weeks with no problem.  NO SETTINGS have been changed.  NOW, it is ALWAYS OFFLINE and can no longer print.  Resetting the router doesn't help. 

WHAT led light on the back of the PRINTER?  Do you mean the power supply "block" that the cords run through?

HP, i have to say that I've been a rabid fan for more than 20 years and your quality control has gone in to the crapper...BAD BAD

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation