cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tbluhp
6 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

hp eprint 6500a won't connect to eprint apps?

HP Recommended

everytime I push the app button on the printer it gives me error saying unable to connect the settings are set up and latests updates why is this happen?

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dave_K
Level 7
Level 7
615 613 42 117
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Glad to hear you got the apps going. Here are some steps you can take to get your e-print address setup.

Step 1: Reprint your Web Services information sheet.

• Officejet printers (Depending on model):
    • Select Setup->Web Services Setup->Printer Email Address menu or…
    • Select ePrint icon on the front panel display. Then select the "Print" button on the ePrint Status screen.

Step 2: Navigate to http://www.hpeprintcenter.com and register your printer using the new printer code.

Note: You must do this within 24 hours of printing this sheet.

Step 3: If the page won't print or if you are still receiving the "Invalid Code" error message, re-enable Web Services on your printer.

• Officejet:
    • Select Setup->Web Services Setup->Restore Factory Settings to remove Web Services from the printer.

• Once done, setup the Web Services  again (usually in the same location as removing Web Services). The information sheet should print within 5 minutes.
If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dave_K
Level 7
Level 7
615 613 42 117
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey tbluhp!

PrintApper has some great troubleshooting information posted here that you may find useful.

Pay particular attention to these two sections:

A.     Easy steps that can be surprisingly helpful – try these first:

1. Verify your network’s internet access is working – on a computer connected to your network, use a web browser like Internet Explorer or Firefox to view a web page.  If you can’t access the internet your internet service provider may be having a service issue that is affecting ePrint/Print Apps. 
  2. Go to HP ePrintCenter and look in the News section (http://h30495.www3.hp.com/news/ ) to see if there are any service status updates.  In some cases, you might just need to wait a little while and try again.  
  3. Turn wifi off and then on again on your printer and wait for a minute for your printer to reconnect to your network   
  4. Reboot your printer - turn power off and then on) and wait for a minute for it to reconnect to your network
  5. Reboot your router - remove the power cord from the back of the router, wait a minute, and then plug it in again and wait for at least a minute for the router to power up and all your devices to reconnect.
  1. Resolve temporary connection failure after printer firmware upgrade    

Some printers may experience connection failure after firmware upgrade.  This is because the printer reboots itself after firmware updates and needs to re-establish network connection.   

1. Check to ensure the printer has been given a valid local IP by your router (eg. 192.168.x.x if DHCP is used) before trying to access print apps or using ePrint.   You can see your printer’s IP address by going to the printer’s Wireless or Network setup menu.
  2. If you don’t see an IP, you may have to restart the printer.  In some cases, you may have to remove and re-enable web services to re-establish your connection.
  3. Refer to the FAQ & Help section on HP ePrintCenter for more information on how to remove and re-enable web services from your printer.

Allow your printer enough time to reconnect to your network after you try any of the steps above, before you try ePrint or Print Apps again. 

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
tbluhp
Author
6 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have got the apps working now the problem is I can't get an email address?

0 Kudos
Dave_K
Level 7
Level 7
615 613 42 117
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Glad to hear you got the apps going. Here are some steps you can take to get your e-print address setup.

Step 1: Reprint your Web Services information sheet.

• Officejet printers (Depending on model):
    • Select Setup->Web Services Setup->Printer Email Address menu or…
    • Select ePrint icon on the front panel display. Then select the "Print" button on the ePrint Status screen.

Step 2: Navigate to http://www.hpeprintcenter.com and register your printer using the new printer code.

Note: You must do this within 24 hours of printing this sheet.

Step 3: If the page won't print or if you are still receiving the "Invalid Code" error message, re-enable Web Services on your printer.

• Officejet:
    • Select Setup->Web Services Setup->Restore Factory Settings to remove Web Services from the printer.

• Once done, setup the Web Services  again (usually in the same location as removing Web Services). The information sheet should print within 5 minutes.

View solution in original post

tbluhp
Author
6 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok now everything is working perfect why did this happen?

0 Kudos
Dave_K
Level 7
Level 7
615 613 42 117
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It can be caused by a number of different things, it would be hard for me to say exactly what caused the issue but I am glad I could help!

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation