Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I cannot scan with my HP Laserjet 1536 all-in-one printer.  when i try to, it tells me i need a WIA driver to use the device and to install it from the disk that came with the printer.  I have installed the software from the disk and it prints fine, but won't scan.  This only happens on one of my computers, i was able to scan with an older PC and a MAC.  

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Sorry that you are having this problem with scanning. You can try to run the print and scan doctor and check the results. 

Here is a link for that. 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03286146

Here is another link that will assist you downloading the full feature software from the website. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3974...

Choose your operating system. Click on NEXT. Then choose the FULL FEATURE software and driver. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

I need the driver for hp laser jet 1536dnf mfp printer scanser.

HP Recommended

@shahzaman, I will be glad to assist you with this problem. 

Here is a link that will help you download the FULL FEATURE drivers and software. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=Im-86005-3&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

Let me know if this helps. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

I am unable to scan with my new hp laserjet which I successfully installed.

HP Recommended

helo

plese help me

i need  hp laserjet 1536dnf mfp scanner driver for windows 7  to inestall

HP Recommended

h

HP Recommended

I want hp laserjet 1536dnf mfp wia scanner driver for windows 7

HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Forums Azazy2012,

I see by your post that you need the WIA drivers.
I can help you with this issue.

Windows Image Acquisition is a Microsoft driver for programming interface that enables graphics software to communicate with imaging hardware such as scanners. Windows Image Acquisition (WIA).

Run this Microsoft Fit It Tool to see if it will resolve this issue.

Diagnose and repair Windows File and Folder Problems automatically.

I have provided a document to stop and start the Windows Image Acquisition to see if we can resolve this issue.

Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service.

Please provide in detail the results if you are still having issues.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I need a driver for my printer HP Laserjet 1536dnf MFP.

Please assist as to how I can down load and install my printer>

Thanyou

Jeff

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.