cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kram580
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

hp office jet pro 8710 Admin lock out message

HP Recommended
hp office jet pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

i have a 8710 all in one device, it was working fine, did a sofware update and now i get a message that it is locked by administrator....I never set a password and I am the over and should be the Administrator.  I have spent about 4 hours today reading and trying everything I could find on it.   i am now trying this forum

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Dvortex
Retired
Retired
9,855 9,843 924 1,608
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @kram580 – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! I will do my best to assist you with this issue.

I understand your printer is asking for an administrator password. I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Let me know how it goes. Good luck!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Frank590
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I reset the factory settings on my OfficeJet Pro 8710 and now it will not wirelessly connect to my router. When I try and configure the wireless settings on the printers menu screen it will not allow it and says that "this feature has been locked by the person who has set up this printer." Yeah, that was me and I would love to unlock it but it does not give me the option to put in the user name and password. Please advise?

0 Kudos
GaleSisney
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have the same problem. Please advise
0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,611 3,965
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@GaleSisney

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

I Understand the message "Admin lockout" appears for your printer and none of the functions work,

And to help you out, I'm sending out a Private message with the reset instructions,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

(The reason we are utilizing the private message is because the instructions are critical,

And we don't want it in the wrong hands, as the printer will be set back to factory defaults).

Keep me posted,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
DavidLynwood
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Im sorry ,I have not been sent a private message telling me how to unlock the printer(s). I have 2- the 8720 and the 8600. Thank you

0 Kudos
Dvortex
Retired
Retired
9,855 9,843 924 1,608
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @DavidLynwood 

Thanks for reaching out! I'd like to help 🙂

I am sending you a private message with the steps. Please check the mailbox icon at the top right corner of your screen to access your inbox.

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation