cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

hp officejet 5510 all-in-one printer

HP Recommended

I am trying to Scan old photos to save to my computer and when I push the "scan" button on my printer, it reads "You need to install or run HP software or feature."  I believe I have the software already installed but need help! Please, anyone if you can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Level 10
4,871 4,858 300 933
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello toshdiana

What operating system are you using? Windows Vista and 7 do not have the full feature software as the driver is built into the operating system. If your running XP you may only have the basic driver installed. You can re-download them from HP.

HP Officejet 5510 Software

You can also scan without the HP software. You can find the instructions for that at the link below.

Scan in Windows without HP Software

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
0 Kudos
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I need instruction to scan and put pictures on my computer.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation