0x61000f6 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 31 of 44
Flag Post

hp officejet 6500 error-general printer error

i am getting a error message 0x610000f6 can you please help me?

0 Kudos
ggross3 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 32 of 44
Flag Post

What to do to correct
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
88 0 15
Message 33 of 44
Flag Post

1. Plug it directly into the wall, rather than into a UPS

2. Verify that the unit is switched on. Disconnect the USB/Ethernet cable from the All-in-One and also disconnect power cable from All-in-One and also from wall outlet.
3. Wait 30 seconds.
4. Plug in the power cable to All-in-One and also to wall outlet.
5. Check for the functionality.

I still had the error message, so they said to reset the printer to factory default settings:

1. Unplug the power cable from printer when the printer is powered on and wait for 20 seconds.
2. Then, press and hold # and 6 while plugging in the power cord.
Continue holding until it displays Semi Full Reset message in the front panel of the All-in-One.

My message was "Semi NVM Reset," then it went back to the error message again.

HP then said "I am sorry to inform you that we have tried all the possible troubleshooting steps that should resolve the issue. However, the issue at hand seems to be with the hardware malfunction of the unit."

Since my printer was still under warranty, HP offered to send me a new one in exchange, or said I could take it back to the store where I bought it, even though I no longer had the original box, installation CD, etc. They said if the store would not take it back, contact HP again, who would exchange it. I decided to take it back to the store where I bought it, who exchanged it for the exact same model with no problem.

tecnical support for hp printing
0 Kudos
HellRIk Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 34 of 44
Flag Post

For everyone that tried all HP steps like me and didnt get a positive fix...try this out.

Since this model have some issues with the ink beeing dropped all around the printer I'd suggest cleaning the plastic strip used by the carrier to guide its printing. Not the carrying strap but the translucent plastic line going trought the carrier. You'll noticed that in the right part of where the carrier stops some pictograms ( smilies ). Clean/wipe that strip from left to right a couple time and it should be fine after.
The carrier simply cant find his berings with all that ink covering thoses thin guiding lines.

Hope this helps ! :)
It did for me

0 Kudos
ccozzens Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 35 of 44
Flag Post

The video is great--very clear, After going through all the steps twice, I got the flashlight one more time and found a tiny piece of sonething--no bigger than a sesame seed--removed it, and voila! The printer was fixed! Thank you! Don't skip the flashlight step!

0 Kudos
JudithE Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 36 of 44
Flag Post

This worked for me.  I had tried just turning the printer on and off but that did not work. So follow the entire directions. Probably taking off the back piece was the key.

0 Kudos
washind Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 37 of 44
Flag Post

I get the error message: 61011bec as well as a message saying the cartridge is jammed and/or a paper jam.  I have tried all the trouble shooting tips here and haven't been able to get the printer working.  I can find no jam in either the cartridge or paper. I've tried many power resets, removing and re-inserting the cartridges and the #/6 reset.  Lastly, the carridge makes a ratcheting sound when it tries to move the print head (most of the time).  Any further tips would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
gabby42 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 38 of 44
Flag Post

My daughter has a 6500 for business and the other day started displaying "general printer error" with these numbers 06X610000F6.  I gently took it apart very slightly looking for a piece of paper that might have jammed.  Could find nothing.  What is happening?   Thanks

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3707 238 417
Message 39 of 44
Flag Post

Hello gabby42.

I understand your Officejet 6500 printer has an error message indicating "General Printer Error 06x610000FG". Please follow this entire HP document on A 'Carriage jam' or '0X610000F6' Message Displays on the Control Panel.

Please inform me your troubleshooting steps.

Look forward to hear from you.

I worked on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
88 0 15
Message 40 of 44
Flag Post

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02442656

tecnical support for hp printing
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation