cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Gidi
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 32
Flag Post

hp officejet pro 8600 plus does not scan/copy correctly.

HP Recommended

I get a page full of coloured stripes but no copy. What is wrong?

31 REPLIES 31
Travis_C
Level 10
4,871 4,842 300 936
Message 2 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Gidi

Could you please attach a scan showing the problem. It will be helpful in figuring out what is wrong. The article below may help resolve the issue.

Bands, lines, and streaks in Scans

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Gidi
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Providing you with a scan is impossible because the scan doesn't work. That is the problem.

In the meantime I had a chatsession with the servicecentre of HP.

Obviously it was a hardware problem, I had to go back to the shop where I bought the printer to get a new one.

I'm glad to inform you that this new printer is working perfectly.

This means the problem is solved now.

DSB123
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem but I purchased mine at Office Depot in March and they have a 14 day return policy. Any other advice?

Travis_C
Level 10
4,871 4,842 300 936
Message 5 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello DSB123

Try updating the firmware first if you have not done so already.

Officejet Pro 8600 Firmware

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

DSB123
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I checked and I have the lastest frimware version: CLP1CN1150CR.

Any other suggestions? It did work in the beginning. I have owned this printer for less than 3 months.

Travis_C
Level 10
4,871 4,842 300 936
Message 7 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello DSB123

It sounds like a hardware failure with the scanner. I would suggest calling HP Support.

HP Phone Assist

340hemi
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same exact issue. Never used the scanner before today. Also produces the same issue when scanning directly from the Auto Feed. HELP PLEASE

ScanIssue.jpg

Angel2012NYC
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

folks try this link below it solve my issue witch was the same as yours...all i did was leave the printer on and pulled the power plug to do a hard reset and the streaks are now gone it solved the bad scanning issue ....there are also other steps that you can try just in case this method does not work for you.... hope this helps...GOOGLE ROCKS!!

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02881567

Loball1
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended
This is exactly what my printer is doing! It prints fine, but scanning and copying both look like this. I've tried the "hard start" recommended in troubleshooting and it did not help.
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation