cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
vcalder
Level 2
27 24 0 1
Message 51 of 63
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yes, I'm also beginning to believe this is a problem with Windows 8 and the HP software not being fully compatible yet. I'm really hacked off about this because I gave up on trying to get the HP software to work on my old laptop running XP and decided to go ahead and replace it with a new HP laptop running Windows 8. Of course the old laptop had other issues and it was time to retire it anyway, but it's really sad that device manufacturers and Microsoft can't work better together before new software is released to work out the bugs instead of just throwing it out there for us "guinea pigs" to find the problems.
0 Kudos
SolarFlare4
3 3 0 0
Message 52 of 63
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with Mac OS on an iMac.

0 Kudos
briarr529
Author
Level 2
23 22 0 3
Message 53 of 63
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It's more than with Win 8....it's an issue with Win 7 too. The bug needs to be fixed...

Obviously it's an issue with HP's programming if the issue extends to 3 operating systems....
0 Kudos
burlesonj
2 2 0 0
Message 54 of 63
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I recently upgraded to Windows 8 and now when I try to go to my HP 8600 Pro Printer Assistant to scan it just opens 2-notepads with a lot of text. I can print just fine and I can scan from the printer to the computer OK, but I no longer can control the scan function from my computer's desktop printer Icon. Anyone have a solution?

0 Kudos
briarr529
Author
Level 2
23 22 0 3
Message 55 of 63
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Try downloading the HP printer control app in the Windows store. It's free.
burlesonj
2 2 0 0
Message 56 of 63
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just downloaded the new Printer app and it will do, but it doesn't have any save options  and some of the other scan setting option you had with the Printer Assistant.

0 Kudos
MyDarlin
1 1 0 0
Message 57 of 63
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having similar problem, when I first installed HP officejet pro 8600 i remember all the functions (scan, print, print over wifi) working properly. Now I cannot connect to print over wifi, and i'm getting scanner not found when trying to scan at my PC. It is VERY annoying on such a high quality printer. I thought the problem was w/ the printer going into energy save mode, but that's not the case. This is really frustrating. Please HP get this issue fixed ASAP!

BTW I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate ver 6.1

0 Kudos
eaglemouse
1 1 0 0
Message 58 of 63
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi guys cant connect my scanner to the computer only a memory device how do i do this?

0 Kudos
vcalder
Level 2
27 24 0 1
Message 59 of 63
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The most recent time I had problems, I couldn't scan from computer on either of my two computers  (Windows 8 laptop and Windows Vista desktop) until I restarted my router (wifi connection) then restarted both computers.  That cleared the problem.  This tells me the HP printer software must be very sensitive to any and all variations that can happen to the wifi connection that you don't normally see with most wifi connected devices.

0 Kudos
anselmo
1 1 0 0
Message 60 of 63
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no he podido conectar la impresora con mi pc, trate de descargar controladores y no la puede reconocer, me podrian mandar el link para descargarlo mi pc compac-vision-amd, la impresora HP Office Pro 8600.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation