Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
diver43 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp photosmart 3210

I have a hp photosmart 3210 all in one printer.  It is giving me a error msg.  0xc18a0201 ink system has failed. unable to copy.  I tried unplugging and removing usb cable, also replacing ink cartridges.  Any ideas for a fix?

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
8735 282 645
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp photosmart 3210

Hi

Have you tried resetting the printer as described here

- Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
0 Kudos
Christophe_fr Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp photosmart 3210

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem with my HP 3210 and I made a reset as explained (thank you for your help ;-) ).

First after this reset, the 6 ink cartridges seems to be empty but it is possible to print. But as soon as a "maintenance" happens (if I turn the unit off and on, if I open the ink door, if I print a report from the configuration menu,...), the error comes back again !

Would you have an idea ?

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
8735 282 645
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp photosmart 3210

Hi Christophe_fr

You may need to do keep doing the reset to get it to print. Is the printer still within warranty by any chance?

HP Product Warranty Check

Kind Regards

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
0 Kudos
scoutmonster1 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp photosmart 3210

I get an error message 0xc18a0001 how can I fix it

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2789 152 317
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp photosmart 3210

Hi scoutmonster1,

I understand that you are getting an error message 0xc18a0001 'ink system failure'. Follow the steps in this document for An Alphanumeric Code (Example: '0x...' or 'C2...') or 'Ink System Failure' Error Message Displays on....

I hope this helps, let me know.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
rcs95 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp photosmart 3210

How do I get my hp photosmart 3210 all in one to recognize new print cartridges. When I install them I get the message to replace some because they are empty BUT they are new. Also I keep getting a message that says paper size detected is not supported. Job cancelled. I haven't changed any settings, everything is default.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
394 38 153
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp photosmart 3210

Hello rcs95,

I would like to assist you with resolving these issues with your HP Photosmart 3210 All-in-One Printer.

Perform a reset on the printer. Click here for assistance.

Is it showing that the cartridge(s) are empty on the front of the printer or on your computer screen? Are you able to see which color is showing that you should replace?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00414417

Once we get through the cartridge problem, we will switch over to the paper size detection issue.

Thank you,

rcs95 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp photosmart 3210

It is showing all cartridges empty on the front of the printer. Now I have black ink coming from inside the printer and seeping to the outside under the printer. I have cleaned all the ink I can from the inside and outside. It will print a page but nothing but black ink smears appear on the paper. No text.
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
394 38 153
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp photosmart 3210

Hello rcs95,

With what you've explained, it is going to be an issue with the printhead and in this specific printer, the printhead is not replaceable.

As you have ink leaking inside and outside of the printer, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

Best regards,

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation