cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
myka333
1 1 0 0
Message 31 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hp photosmart 5510 will not print black

I am having the same issue with my officejet 4622. What is the deal?

0 Kudos
Level 16
Level 16
32,614 25,991 2,374 8,024
Message 32 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@myka333 wrote:

I am having the same issue with my officejet 4622. What is the deal?

To troubleshoot issues with black not printing on the Officejet 4622 see the document here

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
StewB
2 1 0 0
Message 33 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

This "solution" just leads to a circular path which does not solve anything!

It is obvious from other people's correspondence that this is a common problem. Is HP doing anything to solve it? Would you like my printer back so you can identify the problem (since you don't seem to be aware of the cause)?

0 Kudos
Tags (2)
olesch
3 3 0 0
Message 34 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

What new printer to buy - HP is not my next - have you a suggest ?

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
TerryLev
Level 2
21 15 0 3
Message 35 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

WHY IS THIS THREAD MARKED AS SOLVED WHEN IT PATENTLY ISN'T SOLVED AT ALL. hp - WHAT IS GOING ON?

0 Kudos
Level 16
Level 16
32,614 25,991 2,374 8,024
Message 36 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@TerryLev wrote:

WHY IS THIS THREAD MARKED AS SOLVED WHEN IT PATENTLY ISN'T SOLVED AT ALL. hp - WHAT IS GOING ON?

The original poster asked a question and received an answer that resolved the issue for them, so they marked the thread as solved.  Since then others (with a number of different printer models and issues) have posted in this thread.  For some of them the solution worked, for others it did not.

If you have an issue I suggest you  read this post then post a new question in a new thread.  Be sure to provide some details - what printer model?  What operating system? How is the printer connected - USB, wired LAN, Wireless LAN, bluetooth? Are there any error messages on the printer or computer screen?

Please be aware that this forum is a peer to peer support forum, it is not a direct link to HP support.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

aharrington
2 2 0 0
Message 37 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

My 5510 did the same thing.  Called help desk and went through all steps but nothing worked.  They did offer to sell me another printer at a discount.  Had put 2 new black cartridges in my year and half old printer and colors worked but not black.  On a whim, I put my old black cartridge back in printer and lo and behold, it's now working fine.  Took the new cartridges back to Office Max and exchanged them.  Haven't tried these but at least know that the printer is ok.  The bad cartridges had a code V  on the box so I made sure I didn't get any with any kind of code.  Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
cchseal2
5 5 0 0
Message 38 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY 551O NOT PRINTING BLACK AND IT IS NOT THAT FAR OUT OF WARANTY .TECH.SUPPORT WAS NOT MUCH HELP AND IT LOOKS LIKE HP IS AWARE OF A PROBLEM WITH THE 551O WITH SO MANY PEOPLE ON HERE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM.I JUST NOW USED UP THE INK THAT CAME WITH MY PRINTER AND I JUST SPENT 90.00 ON INK TONIGHT JUST TO THROW IT IN THE TRASH.HE SAID THEY WOULD SEND ME A NEW PRINTER FOR 99.00.I PLAN ON CALLING THE BBB TOMORROW BECAUSE HP IS RIPPING US OFF. I TOLD THE TECH THAT MY SON IS ON LIFE SUPPORT IN FLORIDA AND I AM IN OHIO AND THAT I SEND EVERY PENNY TO MY WIFE IN FLORIDA AND I DON'T HAVE 99.00 AND HE SAID THAT WAS THE BEST HE COULD DO.THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE 551O THAT HP NEEDS TO FIX.90.00 DOLLARS IN INK JUST TO THROW IT IN THE TRASH,THAT IS A SHAME HP.

0 Kudos
cchseal2
5 5 0 0
Message 39 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO BUY A NEW PRINTER WHEN HP KNOW'S THAT THEY SOLD A PIECE OF JUNK.IT IS STRANGE THAT ALL THESE 5510'S ARE BREAKING WHEN THE MACHINE JUST GOES OUT OF WARANTY.WE ALL NEED TO CONTACT THE BBB AND COMPLAIN.

0 Kudos
Tags (3)
cchseal2
5 5 0 0
Message 40 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE ABOUT 90 PERCENT OF THE PROBLEMS IS WITH THE 551O SO PLEASE QUIT DEFENDER HP FOR MAKING A PIECE OF JUNK THAT GOES BAD RIGHT AFTER THE WARRANTY RUNS OUT

[Content Removed]

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation