cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Level 16
Level 16
32,615 25,992 2,374 8,025
Message 91 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hp photosmart 5510 will not print black

@EjayH wrote:

[snip] All I want is a way to reset the ink level warning levels... or disable the printer from triggering events to this end. The setting on the printer does not disable this feature... as it still reports it in the status screens. My levels are blatently incorrect as I have inserted brand new 'authentic' HP cartridges and the printer refuses to reset the ink level warnings... even when I 'disable' the feature. If I get these reset and black still does not print... I will conceed that my theory is woefully inaccurate... and happily print from the very expensive useless piece of crap I call my HP printer.

Does the printer refuse to print because of an error related to the print cartridges? My understanding from one of your previous posts was that black was not printing.  Does the printer go through the motions of printing but black (and/or other colors) are missing?  Are there any error messages on the computer or printer screen?  

Are the ink levels reported as low, or ar they reported with a "?" as unknown?  A risk of a reset is the cartridges may become reported as unknown - the printer may recognize the cartridges have been used but will not "remember" they were used in this printer.  There is no user reset for the ink levels.  

If you insist on persuing the full reset you can read the thread here and request reset instruction be sent to you.  Personally I think a better solution would be to call HP and at least give them a chance to do the right thing.

Sorry, I cannot help any further.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,328 17,221 899 2,529
Message 92 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi CF10,

@CF10 wrote:

Hello, 

I have gone through all the various steps outlined in the several threads relating to the issue of HP printer not printing black.

I have a photosmart 5510 which was working perfectly, until i ran out of ink. Having replaced all the cartridges today, my printer will not print black ink at all. 

I have performed the hard reset, checked ventalation and positioning of cartridges, to no avail whatsoever.

To make matters even worse, it now tells me that the ink cartridges, which I have just installed, are low!! How is this even possible considering i have not been able to actually print anything. 

I notice that some HP reps have PM'd some advice on how to fix?? Is this some sort of secret only for those in the loop.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated......or this printer will be going down the tube, just like the company that mmanufactured it. 

I would like to help you with this. I see you are unable to print black from your Photosmart 5510, I'd like to help.

Please complete all of the steps in the following document; Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages. Although I hope this resolves the issue, it might not. If the issue persists, please post back with your warranty status. Use the following link to check your warranty.

If your printer is still in warranty, please call HP and explain the issue you are experiencing. The number to call HP is 1-800-474-6836 for Canada and US, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

If your printer is out of warranty, let me know and I will do my best to help. Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you.

Please also include your country/region in your next post. Thanks.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,328 17,221 899 2,529
Message 93 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi CF10,

Was the issue you were experiencing get resolved? 

If not and your printer is still in warranty, please call HP and explain the issue you are experiencing. The number to call HP is 1-800-474-6836 for Canada and US, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

If your printer is out of warranty, let me know and I will do my best to help. Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Cricket1959
Level 1
7 7 0 0
Message 94 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks, Sunshyn -

'

I gave up and bought a new printer, and it wasn't an HP this time. 

Cricket

0 Kudos
CF10
2 2 0 0
Message 95 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi there,

My printer is out of warranty, is still not working, and as useful as an ashtray on a motor bike right now.

None of the advice or work arounds I have seen on this forum or elsewhere online have worked for me.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,328 17,221 899 2,529
Message 96 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Okay CF10, thanks for getting back to me and for your patience. I am going to send you a private message. Please click on the envelope on the top right of the page to check your forums inbox. For detailed instructions on how to check your messages, click here.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
ayman5545
4 2 0 0
Message 97 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@XK1 wrote:

I have same fault - new set of catridges been fitted and showed black to be full along with other 3 but with all the cleaning etc they are nearly empty.  New catridges cost £28 and I still have the same fault - will not print black.  My printer is only 4 months out of warranty.  I'm really dissappointed with this printer and have also found that although the ink catridges are reasonably priced I've used 2 or 3 times as many as I did with my old HP printer over the past year. 

I have same problem

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation