cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Pam-K
Level 1
9 9 0 2
Message 11 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hp photosmart 5510 will not print black

Rudy,

Thank you so much for your response.  Would you be so kind as to explain to me how to do this, or direct me an HP Help site that explains it?  I am really ina bind here, and wish to try this before calling the phone number you provided.

Pam-K

0 Kudos
Tags (2)
Level 10
4,893 4,841 576 804
Message 12 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I noticed that your print head does not come out on this printer. Usually you can lift the LATCH on the RIGHT SIDE on the cartridges and take it out. This one will not do so. 

I have found a video that may assist you with this problem. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OjJDeRuJ10

Let me know if this works for you. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
0 Kudos
Pam-K
Level 1
9 9 0 2
Message 13 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Rudy,

Once again, I appreciate your response.  I watched the YOU TUBE Video, which explained things very well.  I went ahead and did everythig demonstrated in the video.  However, I just printed a Print Qualty Report provided in the tools menu on the printer, and there is still no black ink.  Do you have any other suggestions?  I have exhausted everything at this point it seems.  What bugs me is that I am in the middle of a project and desperately need to print some things.  This printer has been used very little since I purchased it.  I certainly did not get much use out of it for my money.  I will look to hear from you soon,  but it appears I will be calling the HP phone number you provided.  Thank you for all of your help.

Pam-K

0 Kudos
Tags (2)
Level 10
4,893 4,841 576 804
Message 14 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

There's no other suggestions besides replacing the print head. Your print cannot replace the print head, so you would need to contact the number above, and get a replacement printer. Sorry. 

Sometimes when you buy new cartridges, they be bad items. When purchasing another new cartridge, it resolves the issue at times. This could be one of those situations, but you have already replaced the cartridge, and I wouldn't want you spending extra money if it doesn't work. 

Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
0 Kudos
Pam-K
Level 1
9 9 0 2
Message 15 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Rudy,

Thank you for all of your help.  I am getting ready to make the call now.  I appreciate everything you tried to do to help me.  

Pam-K

0 Kudos
Level 10
4,893 4,841 576 804
Message 16 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

No problem at all. If you need anything else, or happen to run into any problems, feel free to ask. 

0 Kudos
Pam-K
Level 1
9 9 0 2
Message 17 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Rudy,

Thanks so much.  After calling HP support last week, I learned the printer heads on  the 5510 all in one photosmart printer cannot be manually removed.  Thus, it is virtually impossible to repair.  I ended up purchasing a new printer over the phone at a discounted price from HP.  I upgraded to the next level of HP all in one photosmart printer which allows one to send a fax via email, a concept that interests me. It has arrived and I will be setting it up soon.  I missed the phone call from the HP technician who was planning to assist me in uninstalling the old printer and installing the new one.  He said he might call back.  I hope he does.  If not, I will be back in touch with you.  Thanks again.

Pam-K

0 Kudos
Pam-K
Level 1
9 9 0 2
Message 18 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Well Rudy,

I am back with set up problems.  I searched through the instructions that came with my new HP 6520 all in one photosmart printer, and on the HP website about how to uninstall the HP 5510 printer that is already on my wireless system.  I found a link which states to go to the uninstall wizard, but when I click on that link, I cannot find an uninstall wizard any where on the site.  Help please.  

Pam-K

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Level 10
4,893 4,841 576 804
Message 19 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

No problem, I will be glad to assist you with uninstalling the old photosmart. 

There are a few ways you can do this.

1. Click on the Start Menu

2. Select All Programs

3. Go to the HP Folder

4. Select the Printer name

5. Under that tab, should be UNINSTALL. Select it

After it uninstalls, reboot the computer. When the computer comes back on follow these steps to double check. 

1. Click on the Start Menu

2. RIGHT CLICK on COMPUTER

3. Choose MANAGE

4. Select Device Manager

5. Go under the tab, PRINTERS, IMAGES & DEVICES. Check to see if the old photosmart is still under any tabs. If so, RIGHT CLICK, and choose UNINSTALL.

After all of this, you can re-install the new photosmart 6520. Do you have the CD for it, or you downloading from the website?

Pam-K
Level 1
9 9 0 2
Message 20 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Rudy,

Thank you so much for responding.  I went ahead and contacted HP Tech Support shortly after I placed my previous post to you.  I ended up spending several hours on the phone with them.  We got the 5510 printer uninstalled without difficulty.  We started installation of the 6520 printer, but after the part where you insert the printer cartridges and progress to the next category of alignment, we could get no further than the starting of the alignment process because the screen on the printer kept flashing back to a caution sign with a black exclamation mark which instructed us to reinsert or lower the photo tray in the paper tray.  I did not have a photo tray with the 5510 and I have never printed photos, si I was not familiar with this.  It is a small plastic paper photo holder that sits on top of the larger plastic tray for 8 1/2 x 11 paper.   From what I could tell, the  photo tray appeared to be in the grooves where it is supposed to be, and I could not see any way it could be lowered any further.  The tech did not have any informatio to offer about how to install the tray so we coud progress through the installation process.  He ended up having me take the photo tray in and out several times, and I told him it was not an easy task getting the tiny plastic grooves in the trays together to begin with.  After numerous attempts, I finally gave up.  I had also noticed a tiny crack in the plastic groove on the left side as you face the photo tray right at the area where one must begin to insert the phototray.  I have no idea whether we did this or if the crack was already there.  The technician then referred me to his supervisor, and I ended up spending at least 3 hours on the phone with him, and we still could not figure out how the photo is supposed to sit in the paper tray.  There are no instructions whatsoever with the printer that indicate how to put these pieces of plastic together, or how to attah the other piece of plastic that is also supposed to be attached with the paper tray.  That piece is sort of a slant with a little pull out that I assume is supposed to be used to catch the paper as it comes out of the printer.   All the supervisor could do was offer to replace the 6520 with another because of the crack in the plastic tray and my warranty, and send me some internet links to download the User Guide for the 6520 and a couple of You Tube videos that might help with instructions on how these plastic trays and pieces are suposed to fit together in the larger paper tray.  He and I went through the User Guide, but it also did not provide much information about how to assemble these plastic trays and pieces.  I was so exhausted and frustrated when I got off the phone that I have not had time to see if the You Tube links the tech sent will be of any help.  The supervisor is supposed to call me to set up the 6520 when it arrives.  I am concerned because I will still be facing the same problem of how to assemble these plastic trays and the plastic slant piece together in the paper tray so I can proceed with the installation process and the printing itself.  I am single, not tech savvy, and really do not know of anyone to turn to that might have a better idea how to assemble these plastic pieces without breaking  the plastic.  I do have Geek Squad support, which I purchased with my current system, but when I took the 5510 to them at a store, they informed me they do not work on printers.  Whether they might help put plastic trays together out of having pity on me I am not sure.  There is a $50.00 charge for them to come to my home.  Because the 5510 printer stopped in the middle of a huge project and at a time when some other very improtant things are going on that require my attention, I have ended up taking leave from my office much of last week and this week, and most of the time has been spent on this printer issue I had not anticipated.  It could not have occurred at a worse time, and the important tasks I must deal with have deadlines attached to them.  A real mess for sure.  I am so frustrated at this point that the thought of even viewing the You Tube videos makes me feel ill.  Because of the deadlines, I do not have much more time that I can devote to the printer problem, but I am still going to try to address it because I have to print documents for the large project I was in the middle of when the 5510 broke and the deadline is Monday, and that is already an extension I was given.  Rudy, I truly appreciate all of your help and will certainly  entertain anything else you may have to offer.  Thank you.

Pam-K

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation