cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Level 10
4,893 4,841 576 804
Message 21 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hp photosmart 5510 will not print black

I am truly sorry that you have exhausted all of your time into getting this printer to work properly. Hopefully things can get better and you can get the tray into the machine so that you can install the software. 

I do not know what YouTube videos you have, but most of the instruction videos are great. The crack in the slot you was referring to, MAY BE a problem. It may not.

Usually it does slide it pretty easy with the groove, it may be something that is blocking it or keeping it from going in. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
0 Kudos
sendabrenda
Level 1
5 4 0 2
Message 22 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

same issue,,,,hp no help at all printer b1 1/2 yrs old..made terrible noises from day 1  goodbye hp cannon sale walmart $59. terrible product terrible service

0 Kudos
Pam-K
Level 1
9 9 0 2
Message 23 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Yes, it is a terrible product.  After all my exhaustive effort, the only thing I could do was buy a new printer.   The 5510 cannot be repaired.  It was not designed to be repaired.  That is what HP told me.  So, anyone having problems with the 5510, I can save you a lot of time by telling you this now.   Just go buy a new printer.  

0 Kudos
Treesee
2 2 0 0
Message 24 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@johnbeeston wrote:

I have a photosmart 5510 which will not print black. All the other colours are OK. Have changed the cartridge and gone through all the steps on the diagnostic site without success.

I really need to  get it going. Any ideas gratefully received.

Cheers.

@johnbeeston wrote:

I have a photosmart 5510 which will not print black. All the other colours are OK. Have changed the cartridge and gone through all the steps on the diagnostic site without success.

I really need to  get it going. Any ideas gratefully received.

Cheers.

I am having the same exact problem! My Hp photosmart 5510 will not print black! Obviously this is a defective product!

0 Kudos
Pam-K
Level 1
9 9 0 2
Message 25 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Folks,

I had the same situation with the 5510, i.e., it would not print black but would still print the other colors.  I can save you time by telling you it is not repairable.  You can get by printing with the other inkcolors, but you will never be able to print black ink again.  The 5510 is not repairable.  I ran all the diagnostic tests on the printer multiple times to no avail, and I spent an unblieveable amount of time with HP Tech Support, which was also awaste of time, other than ordering a new and better printer.  My 5510 was quite new and I had never even printed much with it.  For it to quit so soon, I was very disgusted to say the least.  You may as well plan on buying a new printer soon.  HP Tech Support did give me a discount on the new printer, which is a model they only recenly stopped making but otherwise  new.  I do recommend you contact HP Tech Support to talk about any discounts they can provide on another printer.  The sooner the better.  The retail store had simply sent it back to them.  Trying to save you a lot of time.

0 Kudos
Tags (2)
sendabrenda
Level 1
5 4 0 2
Message 26 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi I keep answering all the emails I can.t believe how many people this has happened to.  They promoted this last year for xmas when everyone at home was going wireless.  spent 4 days total on phone and youtube and forums.... HP MADE A TERRIBLE PRODUCT WHICH IS MADE TO FAIL QUICKLY JUST LIKE AUTO RECALLS THE RICH GET RICHER!  PLEASE SWITCH To THE CANNON AT WALMART WIRELESS FOR ONLY $59 might not last either but I WOLL NOT GO HP ANYMORE EVER!!!!!

sunfloweragnes
2 2 0 0
Message 27 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Does anyone at HP read these posts?  There seem to be a lot of angry people that will no longer purchase HP products.  Can HP offer any suggestions to keep customers?

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Retired MrMatthew
Retired
1,058 863 11 82
Message 28 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@sunfloweragnes wrote:

Does anyone at HP read these posts?  There seem to be a lot of angry people that will no longer purchase HP products.  Can HP offer any suggestions to keep customers?

This is a peer to peer community for customers to connect and share solutions on their HP consumer products. If you have direct feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

If you have other questions and concerns, please feel free to send me a private message.

0 Kudos
eb4
1 1 0 0
Message 29 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Wow, I'm having the same issue.  I've tried all of the solutions on multiple threads.  I really liked this product, up until this point.  So odd that BLACK ink is the only one that won't print (even with a brand new cartridge.)  Chalk it up to poor design I guess.

0 Kudos
Tags (2)
sendabrenda
Level 1
5 4 0 2
Message 30 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

after 4 days of total greif...please run to walmart cannon pixma 3222 only $59 great same style....wireless....more features easy to use.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation