cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Level 11
8,714 7,796 283 645
Message 81 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hp photosmart 5510 will not print black

@perhamoe 

Is the printer in warranty?

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
0 Kudos
Cricket1959
Level 1
7 7 0 0
Message 82 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I don't think any of the Photosmart 5510s are still in warranty.  This was the model about three years ago.  I bought it with my HP laptop.  I enjoy my laptop, but don't like the printer. 

0 Kudos
Tags (2)
perhamoe
2 2 0 0
Message 83 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

No warranty left on the printer.

I can see a small slot in the bottom of the printer, with four exposed contactpoints, maybe it's for some kind of service or resetting points.

As mentioned by others, there is problably some issues with HP-printers. I haven't seen this problem on other brands of printers.

0 Kudos
Tags (2)
Chris_s123
4 3 0 0
Message 84 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

[edited]

check and verify the ink nozzel plate in the printer is not cloded and verify its properly vented

I work for hp Chris S

0 Kudos
RiderAve
1 1 0 0
Message 85 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I had same problem and reinstalled drivers and it works.  Not sure if this is long term solution yet. 

0 Kudos
Tags (3)
CF10
2 2 0 0
Message 86 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello, 

I have gone through all the various steps outlined in the several threads relating to the issue of HP printer not printing black.

I have a photosmart 5510 which was working perfectly, until i ran out of ink. Having replaced all the cartridges today, my printer will not print black ink at all. 

I have performed the hard reset, checked ventalation and positioning of cartridges, to no avail whatsoever.

To make matters even worse, it now tells me that the ink cartridges, which I have just installed, are low!! How is this even possible considering i have not been able to actually print anything. 

I notice that some HP reps have PM'd some advice on how to fix?? Is this some sort of secret only for those in the loop.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated......or this printer will be going down the tube, just like the company that mmanufactured it. 

0 Kudos
EjayH
Level 2
11 10 0 4
Message 87 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Same issue exactly... And with all he others. Horribly Pathetic have not recalled or given a fix... Which they can easily do via firmware. As noted in earlier posts; my theory is the printer shuts down black printing so it does not print ugly pages... And 'should' re-enable it again when a new - authentic HP cartridge - is installed. This 'feature' never comes out of the disabled state... So no matter what... No black! A harder than hard reset is needed... Which someone might know but is not sharing.
Tags (3)
Level 16
Level 16
32,595 25,973 2,374 8,010
Message 88 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@EjayH wrote:
Same issue exactly... And with all he others. Horribly Pathetic have not recalled or given a fix... Which they can easily do via firmware. As noted in earlier posts; my theory is the printer shuts down black printing so it does not print ugly pages... And 'should' re-enable it again when a new - authentic HP cartridge - is installed. This 'feature' never comes out of the disabled state... So no matter what... No black! A harder than hard reset is needed... Which someone might know but is not sharing.

Sorry, your theory is entirely incorrect....  It may be possible in some cases for a hard reset to clear the issue, but this is only because the startup routine does a more thorough job of "priming" the printhead.  There are some downside risks to this procedure so the details are not published widely.

I have seen cases where leaving the printer for a few days corrects the issue.  The better solution is to Contact HP and request service

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
EjayH
Level 2
11 10 0 4
Message 89 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

With respect, I think your theory is incorrect. HP is not going to admit this anyways... so my theory is my theory. We'll agree to disagree then.

All I want is a way to reset the ink level warning levels... or disable the printer from triggering events to this end. The setting on the printer does not disable this feature... as it still reports it in the status screens. My levels are blatently incorrect as I have inserted brand new 'authentic' HP cartridges and the printer refuses to reset the ink level warnings... even when I 'disable' the feature. If I get these reset and black still does not print... I will conceed that my theory is woefully inaccurate... and happily print from the very expensive useless piece of crap I call my HP printer.

0 Kudos
Tags (3)
EjayH
Level 2
11 10 0 4
Message 90 of 97
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Oh... and I fully understand the downside risks of hard resets... I'll sign the disclaimer that if the printer is a brick after the procedure, I will use it as the cornerstone of a nice HP printer rememberence wall I will build in my back garden... all donations of brick'd printers welcome... wait... I take that back... I only have a 2000 m^2 garden... so the donations will leave me with no grass!!! ... but it's a brick as it stands in front of me now... so what risk is there...? making it a bigger brick?

0 Kudos
Tags (3)

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation