Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The printer worked fine-I went on vacation and now it won't work. I ran the wireless network test and it said"hp printer is unable to connect to your wireless router".  The wireless router is connected and running fine.  My wireless hp computer (windows 7) works just fine.

The report satd "network name ssid found" said FAILED

But "current configuration" showed the SSID

can anyone offer a fix?

Help

colleenmercy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi colleenmercy,

On the network menu, select Restore Network Defaults.  This will clear the current network settings and allow  you to reconnect the printer to the network.  You can use the wireless setup wizard or reinstall the HP software to reconnect.

I was an HP employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi colleenmercy,

On the network menu, select Restore Network Defaults.  This will clear the current network settings and allow  you to reconnect the printer to the network.  You can use the wireless setup wizard or reinstall the HP software to reconnect.

I was an HP employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

accept solution

thanks

HP Recommended

my Hp 5510 photosmart all in one printer is unable to connect to my wireless router.  when I used the wixard setup it asks for a Wpa passphrase.  How do I get that?

jubajuba

HP Recommended

You paraphrase is located in your router that you have.  It is the wireless password for your SSID.  You must access your router and check under the wireless tab for the password.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.