Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp photosmart 5524
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I printed out on a sheet of paper ok. Then I tried printing on some slim card (the sort you might get on a birthday card). The card rolled through the printer but hardly printed any ink. I tried it again, and it then printed no ink. Now when I try to print on a piece of paper the paper rolls through, but nothing prints. 

I did all this with the black ink by the way. The printer still prints out ok with blue ink. 

I replaced all of the cartridges at the stard of this process btw

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @julia99,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to print from your HP Photosmart 5524 e-All-in-One Printer after trying to print on the slim card.

This could be an issue with the printhead.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Print Quality Issues

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi @Rainbow23 I'm afraid that didn't work. The black bar on the print quality diagnostics report is not printing. I went through all the steps but nothing managed to get black to print. The black ink cartridge is full as it is new. I've checked the vent on the cartridge and that is ok. It is fully into it's slot. I cleaned the cartridge heads and ran through the alignment process. 

When I try to print a document with black text it just comes out as a clean page. The printer tries to print it, ie I can hear it printing out each line, but nothing is transferred onto the page. I can print in grey however, which seems odd to me. 

HP Recommended

Hi @julia99,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue has not resolved after following the steps mentioned in the previous interaction.

This could be a hardware issue with the unit.

Hence, please contact HP Phone Support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.