cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RodFisher
Level 1
9 7 0 0
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post

Solved!

hp photosmart 7520 will not connect to web services

HP Recommended
hp photosmart 7520
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

my printer, scanner, copier work fine but i am unable to connect to the web services, wheneven i press the ePrint button it asks me to accept the terms which i do, then asks to turn on updates which i do then comes up with a( "server connection error" Unable to connect to Web Services, confirm internet access and try again).

i am currently on firmware version ELM1CN1320AR

Any help would be greatly appriciated

Rod Fisher

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
32,604 32,183 5,529 13,024
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please check this thread and see if you may manually send the firmware file (elvis_mp1_ELM1CN1607AR_nbx_secure_signed.ful) file within the Firmware_VR5_ELM1CN1607AR subflder:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Can-t-upgrade-firmware-Officejet-6500a-Plus/m-p/1575...

You may either use winzip or follow the steps in my previous post to locate the extracted folder, then copy the ful file to C drive as example.

To share the printer go to Devices and Printers, right click the printer and select Printer Properties.

Within the sharing tab check the box to share the printer and provide it a single name such as 7520.

Then locate your PC name by right clicking on Computer and selecting Properties, use the share name at teh format of \\PC NAME\PRINTER SHARE NAME

elevated command promptcan be accessed by right clicking the Start icon and selecting Command Prompt (Admin) from the shown menu.

Hope that may help,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
12 REPLIES 12
WyreNut
Level 15
16,289 14,840 1,043 2,107
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

You need to install the latest firmware release to regain web services.

Here is the link to the file:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/ps7520/PS_7520_R1607A.exe

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
RodFisher
Author
Level 1
9 7 0 0
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick responce but i have tried this already and when it comes up with the printer options to update it will not let me select the printer to update it,

is the firmware im running not the most current one then?

Many Thanks

ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Rod,

The latest firmware version is 1607, your current version is 1320, meaning you do not have teh latest firmware.

What exact options can you see while tryiing to update the firmware? what is the shown status or error within the firwmare utility?

If you hae a USB cable available at home, may you see any difference by plugging it and trying to update the firmware then?

RodFisher
Author
Level 1
9 7 0 0
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks for you reply I have tried both USB and wireless and it will not let me update either way
The status on both attempts is "not applicable"
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try the following and let me know if that may help:

1. Run PS_7520_R1607A.exe.
  2. Once the printer is listed as Not Applicable, press both CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time to open task manager.
    Note: do not close the opened firmware utility.
  3. Within the Details tab locate 'EnterpriseDU.exe', right click it and select Open File Location.
  4. Right click on 'EnterpriseDU.ini' and select Edit.
  5. locate VerifyDownloadID=1 and change the value from 1 to 0.
  6. return to the open HP Printer Update utility, press Refresh and check if you may now able to select your printer.
  7. Select it, press the Update Button and allow the process to complete.

Hope that may help,

Shlomi

RodFisher
Author
Level 1
9 7 0 0
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, Thanks you solution did allow me to select the printer and start the update but half way through it failed with the message "the update failed on 1 printer. please turn off and on and try again" which i did several times but always failed both wireless and usb.

do you have any more solutions?

Many Thanks

ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try making an hard reset to the printer and check if that may help:

1. Press the Power button () to turn on the product.
  2. With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
  3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  4. Wait at least 15 seconds.
  5. Plug the power cord back into a direct wall outlet, do not use any power strips, surge protectors, etc..
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
  7. If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button () to turn it on.

Now try updating te firmware again and check for any difference.

Shlomi

RodFisher
Author
Level 1
9 7 0 0
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi thanks for the reply, this did not make any difference, still comes up with update failed

ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please check this thread and see if you may manually send the firmware file (elvis_mp1_ELM1CN1607AR_nbx_secure_signed.ful) file within the Firmware_VR5_ELM1CN1607AR subflder:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Can-t-upgrade-firmware-Officejet-6500a-Plus/m-p/1575...

You may either use winzip or follow the steps in my previous post to locate the extracted folder, then copy the ful file to C drive as example.

To share the printer go to Devices and Printers, right click the printer and select Printer Properties.

Within the sharing tab check the box to share the printer and provide it a single name such as 7520.

Then locate your PC name by right clicking on Computer and selecting Properties, use the share name at teh format of \\PC NAME\PRINTER SHARE NAME

elevated command promptcan be accessed by right clicking the Start icon and selecting Command Prompt (Admin) from the shown menu.

Hope that may help,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation