Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
wmoborneo Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp photosmart c3180

i have the above printer which has an error that is not listed in the manuals. there are the normal blinking lights, check ink with black copy blinking; except this time there is an extra error code, the "E" where the number of copies display is. i can't seem to resolve the problem. Please help..... wmobornoe

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
flewett Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp photosmart c3180

I have a similar problem but in my case, the color light is blinking.  According to my read of the online information, the E message is just an indicator that there is a problem with the machine.  But the advice is to ignore it.  Here's the link:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00476294

This is what it says exactly:

NOTE:  An E might also appear in the Number of Copies display. This is an additional indication that there is an issue with the product that needs to be resolved. The presence of an E , however, does not affect the meaning of the blinking lights, and can be disregarded for troubleshooting purposes.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation