cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Joanne3282
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

hp psc 750 printer only prints few lines or half pages on windows10

HP Recommended
hp psc 750
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey,

I have installed my old psc 750 printer (worked fin now for 15 years without any trouble)  by USB on my new computer (running windows 10, french).

Windows 10 immediately recognised a new device and installed the driver (suppose its preinstalled in Windows 10).

The scanner an the copie work fine.

Just printing doesn't work. It doesn't matter if I print from the internet or Excel or Word.  I always get only a few lignes, max half a page and then

the documents in Word get stuck in the waiting line: "error, could not print"

Troubleschooting: "Your printer is an old device USB 2 and will not work on USB3. " I always thought "downgrading" was fine?

I desinstalled the driver and reinstalled it: no change

Thanks for any help

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,692 7,685 427 601
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Joanne3282,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to print from your hp psc 750 printer.

You may install the built-in drivers for Windows 10 from the link: Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Joanne3282
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank for your answer, but I have tried this driver already. installation - restart. No effect.

More ideas

Joanne

0 Kudos
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,692 7,685 427 601
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Joanne3282,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

This could be a driver compatibility issue.

Please follow the document in link: Windows 10 Built-in Driver Failed to Install

If the issue persists, then you may need to contact HP phone support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Joanne3282
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help

I have one last question:

Could it be the USB-connexion?

The troubleschooting tool says that I need to put the printer to a USB2 connector because the printer is old an can not work on an USB3. But my computer doesn't have no USB2 connectors anymore.

Joanne

0 Kudos
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,772 25,652 1,416 1,485
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Joanne3282

Thanks for the reply.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

I request you to contact HP Phone support for further assistance on this.

Cheers

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation