Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
onthegomom2 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hp psc1315 suddenly gives me a "Check Print Cartridge" error.

My HP PSC 1315 was working fine.  All of a sudden the "Check Print Cartridge" error light comes on.  Nothing will print, I can't clear the error, I have tried cleaning them and using all of the options listed under trouble shooting.  Any one have a suggestion? I hate to go buy a brand new cartridge when this one is still functional.

7 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
31995 2329 7592
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

See the troubleshooting steps in this page.  If the cartridge no longer passes its electrical check it will need to be replaced because it is not functional.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
millibob Top Student
Top Student
3 1 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I replaced the cartridge with a new one. Error still exists. Followed HP trouble shooting guide. Error still exists.

HP popup on Windows 7 screen shows new color cartridge empty...black cartridge half full.

0 Kudos
Regents Professor Regents Professor
Regents Professor
8735 282 1188
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

millibob wrote:

I replaced the cartridge with a new one. Error still exists. Followed HP trouble shooting guide. Error still exists.

HP popup on Windows 7 screen shows new color cartridge empty...black cartridge half full.

I know this is a while back but just wondering if you got it resolved?

Thanks

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
0 Kudos
millibob Top Student
Top Student
3 1 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I don't recall how it got fixed, but it did. I remember that trying different cartridges didn't get rid of the error. It remains a mysterious singular occurrance. However, since that event, when I change cartridges, the printer does not automatically print a test pattern for realignment. I follow the manual procedure. The printer still works great after many years of service. i feared having to replace it and am glad I didn't. Thanks for your concern.

0 Kudos
Regents Professor Regents Professor
Regents Professor
8735 282 1188
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Ok millibob, thanks for that.

:)

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
0 Kudos
daveschrom Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

So somehow the "Check Printer Cartridge" error stopped blinking and you got it working??  But you don't remember how??  This thread isn't solved, unless your answer is that Magic Fairy Elves fixed it when you weren't looking!!  

HP - HELP !!

0 Kudos
millibob Top Student
Top Student
3 1 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Actually, the magic fairy did not fix the problem. He simply convinced the gremlins to leave and infest some other printer.

Seriously, I can manually create an alignment page but scanning it produces no change in quality. Fortunately, the quality of printing (black or color) text and graphics is as good as when the printer was younger. The only change from the pre-problem era is that changing a cartridge does not automatically trigger an alignment sequence.  Consider the problem solved since it functions with good quality output. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation