Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP2510
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

having a hp2510 connected to laptop windows 10 with usb since long time..

after a recent windows update.. the printer stays offline and not possible to print

I attached the printer with same cable to windows 7 : all ok nop

tried to remove drive - install again - printer stays offline

any help ?

best regards, Guy Przytula

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Try using the built-in Windows 10 diver, Deskjet 2510 Series Class Driver.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

I tried this driver but when trying to print - indicates : driver is in error state

no possibility to print...

best regards, Guy

HP Recommended

Did you use the add option in Devices and Printers?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

devices and printers - add printer - not listed - add a local printer -  existing port usb - hp - hp deskjet 2510 series class driver - replace current driver 

best regards,Guy

HP Recommended

Have you tried the Windows built-in troubleshooting program for printer?

HP Recommended

Yes, I have : no problem detected

best regards, Guy

HP Recommended

Have you checked the Windows system files?

No errors in device manager?

HP Recommended

in device manager : device is working correctly

which system files are meant ?

best regards, Guy

HP Recommended

Take a look at this link on how to run sfc.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.