Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 4 (2,732 Views)
Accepted Solution

hp3520 not printing black

My printer will not print black. I look and notice it does indicate that there are still black in the cartridge. Still I went and got a new black ink cartridge and it printed the first page in black, but then stop printing in black again. Other colors print, just not the black.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: hp3520 not printing black

Hi cheepazoid,

I would start by checking all ink levels and replacing any low cartridges.  I am linking the user's guide for your printer that also contains troubleshooting information.  Click Here  I suggest that you click on Maintenance in the guide and follow the steps for the options Manually clean the ink cartridges and Automatically clean the cartridges up to 3 times. 

Let me know how it goes.

Good Luck !

View solution in context
Distinguished Professor
Message 2 of 4 (2,717 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi cheepazoid,

I would start by checking all ink levels and replacing any low cartridges.  I am linking the user's guide for your printer that also contains troubleshooting information.  Click Here  I suggest that you click on Maintenance in the guide and follow the steps for the options Manually clean the ink cartridges and Automatically clean the cartridges up to 3 times. 

Let me know how it goes.

Good Luck !

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Student
Message 3 of 4 (1,932 Views)

I have tried replacing all the cartridges with new HP units and still no Black Print.

Other colours OK

Why!!!

Any polite suggestions please

Machine is 2 months old

Retired
Message 4 of 4 (1,910 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi ricktrumpf

I understand the black isn't printing

Here is a url you could try to resolve the issue for the black not printing.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03955488

I would recommend to call HP Tech Support for further assistance to see what other options
are available for you since the printer is only 2 months old if the document doesn't resolve the issue. Provide the document number c03955488 for troubleshooting Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Hope this helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation