cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
normalblastew
Level 2
13 10 1 1
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hpeprint on the kindle fire.

My wife has just installed the hpeprint app on her kindle fire so she can print to our new HP envy printer - the app has completely trashed the kindle. Touch screen responds randomly and the soft reset is not working. It appears the app has completely taken over the device. Thanks for that....

JT

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4,530 4,705 318 862
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @normalblastew

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
normalblastew
Level 2
13 10 1 1
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just in case anyone else has this problem I have recovered the kindle now - it was not easy. After about 3 soft resets [hold the kindle power button for 20secs] the kindle booted up and was usable for about 10 seconds. In that time I has able to access the 'apps' menu and hold my finger down on the eprint icon - this brought up the menu that allowed me to 'remove the app from the device'. A further soft reset and the kindle was back to normal <phew>. I am not keen install the app again.

JT

Highlighted
Level 7 Miles
Level 7
461 413 35 130
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with the ePrint app. Which Fire do you have? (1st gen, HD, or HDX)

The HD and HDX models have in OS printing, meaning you don't need the ePrint app to print, print is built in. But, I don't believe the Fire 1st gen has in-OS print and requires the ePrint app. I don't have a Fire to test, I'll check with HP's support team to see if they have one in their lab.

Miles
HP Employee
normalblastew
Level 2
13 10 1 1
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response - its a kinle HD - as far as I know. I have seen comments before about printing being possible without the app - I guess google is my friend to work out how to do it.

I wonder if that is half the problem however: could the app have been conflicting with the OS for print resources. Just a thought.

JT

0 Kudos
normalblastew
Level 2
13 10 1 1
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I could not have got that more wrong. We have decided it is a Kindle fire 1st gen after all. As I said in my original post it is my wife's kindle and there is not a clear indication on the device what it actually is. If anyone has a definitive way of tell one way or another I would be more than happy to know.

JT

0 Kudos
Level 7 Miles
Level 7
461 413 35 130
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Helo Normalblastew,

I've done a little more digging and it looks like HP has two different print options for the Kindle Fire tablets - 1) TheHP  Print Service Plugin, 2) The HP ePrint mobile app.

Only the Kindle Fire HD and HDX support the HP Print Service Plugin. The 1st gen Kindle Fire tablets are based on Android 2.3.3 and the HP ePrint mobile app requires Android 4.0 and higher to run. However, the 2nd gen Fire tablets are based on Android 4.0.3, so the HP ePrint mobile apps should work on that device. (I didn't know about gen 2, but there isn't a gen 3 it's either HD or HDX)

When I was looking at specs I notced that the first gen Fire is the only model that has 512MB of RAM. This could be a way to ID the model you have. Check it out and report back what you find.

Miles
HP Employee
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation