cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
cdrundles
Level 1
3 1 1 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe Application Error dialog on shutdown

When I shutdown, I get an error dialog saying that hpqgpc01.exe Application Error occurred at a particular address.

When I dismiss the dialog, shutdown completes.

What can I do to fix this?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
cdrundles
Level 1
3 1 1 0
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Tom R. posted this which worked for me:

For 64 bit systems. But you are probably running a 32 bit file system. So lets try this. Load your printer disc in your CD drive, then go to : START, CONTROL PANEL, PRINTER. Then right click on printer and go to properties. Go to SHARING. Click on CHANGE SHARING OPTIONS. Click CONTINUE. Go down to DRIVERS and click on ADDITIONAL DRIVERS.  X64 is the 64 bit driver, but remember that you probably have the files loaded in your X86 file which is 32 bit . Leave the X64 file alone, but click the X86 file. Then close out the program. When you go back, the file should show both the X64 & X86 file as Type 3 User Mode INSTALLED-YES. When you power down the computer you will still see the hpqgpc01.exe file pop up because you will need to restart the computer for the change to take effect. But after that, you shouldn't see the error sign on your next shut down. Hope that helps. Let me know if it works for you.

0 Kudos
casey
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I had this error on two different model Toshiba laptops with the 6380 and HP Support remotely uninstalled, reinstalled and couldn't figure it out.  After about five more emails back and forth, they said they were sending it to a "higher" department to resolve and I never heard back from them.  That was almost three months ago.  I wrote a blog back then and no one replied to me so I thought it was an isolated problem.  Now I have the 7280 and don't get that Application Termination error.
0 Kudos
EdMsgs
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Executed procedure as indicated. Not only fixed the shut down error message but also corrected the problem I had printing from Quicken.  HP support didn't have an answer for either.  Thanks.
0 Kudos
spanz
4 4 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Dude, you are the man!  Have Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit, and had the exact same problem.  Your fix made the bad boy go away!

Now, if someone can explain why I need the stupid 32 bit driver AND the 64 on a 64 bit machine.....

0 Kudos
spanz
4 4 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I posted too soon.  It worked for one restart, then came back.  Luckily, I figured out that if I clicked the "Share this printer"  box, the error message staye gone.  Cheers.
0 Kudos
spanz
4 4 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Sorry, came back again. 

I am not a computer geek, but I think I have solved this problem finally.  I tried all the permissions things, loaded the 32 bit files too, etc.  No help.  Finally gave up and called HP support phone number.  The guy could not take over my computer to work on it, so I worked on it while he instructed me.  Windows Vista home premium 64 bit system.

Basically, it looks like the cd that comes with the printer is toxic.  Do not use it!  What I had to do was go to control panel and remove anything that looked like an hp program.  Then you go the the hp.com site and search for drivers for your printer.  There was a specific driver for Window Vista 64 bit.  Loaded that after cleanup, and the hpqgpc01.exe error now seems to be gone. 

Apparently hp DID fix the driver for this printer....it just has not made its way onto the cd that comes with the printer yet.

0 Kudos
debandjesus
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I am getting this hpgqpc01.exe error, I was following your instructions but I got down to the point it was asking to "Type the path where the files are located" and I didn't know what to choose on this. Can someone help me with that?

0 Kudos
MrTom
Level 2
20 16 1 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@debandjesus wrote:

I am getting this hpgqpc01.exe error, I was following your instructions but I got down to the point it was asking to "Type the path where the files are located" and I didn't know what to choose on this. Can someone help me with that?

I'm sure this doesn't matter to you any more since this reply is over 4 years.

But I just had this problem and the x86 driver update/install fixed it for me. I downloaded the latest driver for Vista 64bit from HP's website and extracted the file using 7-zip. Then it asked for the driver after checking the x86 box, I navigated to that extracted directory and it installed okay. After a reboot there's no more popup error message.

Thanks goes to Tom.R and the OP.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation